Radiators/Heating

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Ok, I know I might sound really stupid here but bear with me!

If the thermostat on the wall is on 30 all the time, how hot should the radiators get? They never ever get really hot, just warm, even though everything is turned up full. We've tried bleeding them but it doesnt work, they still stay the same. When the heating is on for an hour the heat around the house only lasts for about ten minutes afterwards then its freezing again.

Anyone help me out here? Sorry for being absolutely clueless but OH and my dad and FIL (and everyone else who knows about these things) are at work! :?

they should warm the house to 30 then turn off when its warm enough, you should never need to turn them up that high id say get someone in to check your boiler out.

Check the temperature on the boiler itself. Mine is set to 65 degrees on the boiler. My tank is set to 60 degrees.

Do you have cavity walls? In our old house (built in 1955) it was like this as soon as the heatin went off the house was freezing cold within 15- 30mins. We got cavity wall insulation put in and it was great, the houes stayed warm for hours after the heating went off. It also stayed cooler in the house during the day in the summer when it was hot outside. You can get grants to reduce the cost of the work.

After fiddling with the taps at the bottom of the radiators most of them have heated up but still not to the heat I would expect.

Anyway, made an appointment for someone to come out but its not til the 7th December :roll:

Maybe the radiators need bleeding, get your oh or someone you know to check it before paying loads of money for someone to come out.

Or it could be the water pressure - check the pressure dial on your boiler it should be between 1 and 2, theres usually a red marker hand to show where it should be. We had this problem recently and it took an engineer literally seconds to fix it!

Good luck and hope your warm and toastie soon!

mines set at 20 n my radiators get VERY hot i can almost not touch em lol

Becks_again said:
mines set at 20 n my radiators get VERY hot i can almost not touch em lol

So is my mams!! Mine are just rubbish lol. Think I've sorted them for now, I'll get FIL to come over tonight and have a look at em for me.

yeah if they are heating up after fiddling with the dials then there is most likely no problem with your boiler and its an easy thing to sort so get fil to look dont pay someone as it dosnt sound like anything needs fixing :)

when i could afford to put mine on they were always slightly warm even on full, but i was just turning the nob on the radiator the wrong way :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back