Quorn?

mrs_bump

Reaction score
Can babies have this? We are BLW but I'm on a health kick to lose those pregnancy pounds so using quorn for spaghetti Bol tonight rather than mince and just wondered if my LG could have this or not? Thanks for any advice x

I don't know... check the salt content of it and if you're happy with the amount that LO would be getting, then I think it's probably OK. Maybe better not to give it often, though because it's 'processed' food, as such xx

Im vegetarian and I eat alot of quorn. My oh isnt veggie but eats what I cook. So this poses a dilema for when I wean my girl. I asked our hv and she said the same as karen. Check the salt. I havent actually done that yet as I keep forgetting and im not really weaning other than the very odd taste (which is a whole other problem at rhe moment!!). The hv gave me the impression that its ok the odd time but babies need fats and quorn is very low fat. Xx

tapatalking

Babies shouldn't have soya until they are 2 x

Quorn isn't soya: it's made from a fungus! x

FBE I kove it! My oh doesnt get much meat now. Hes on a health kick and prefers it to meat. Though he does nip home now and again to get stew and tatties from his mum! He says its not much different but ive no idea.ive been a veggie for 28 years! Xx

tapatalking

I guess I must use it wrong. I made a slag Bol with it in an attempt to eat less red meat but I didn't get it right xx

We used to give it as a meal at nursery

Quorn is very nutritious and has a surprisingly high fibre content - I think it's fine. Plus I like eating it too.

Just had a quick Google and came up with this: http://www.mycoprotein.org/assets/Nutritional_profile_of_Quorn.pdf

It says this:
Mycoprotein contains 5mg of sodium per 100g

Sodium content of Quorn Mince is 0.2g (0.5g salt) per 100g

For Quorn pieces the sodium content is 0.3g (0.75g salt) per 100g

For comparison, sirloin steak contains approximately 0.2g of sodium
(0.5g salt) per 100g

Hope this helps. Read the full pdf for a detailed analysis. xxx

I guess I must use it wrong. I made a slag Bol with it in an attempt to eat less red meat but I didn't get it right xx
Of all the Quorn products, I find the mince the least convincing. The texture's a bit funny as mince. I like the chicken style pieces better. They used to serve this awful quorn stew thing at my uni canteen... enough to put you off for life, but I like it now. xxx

I love quorn!! My husband on the other hand hates it and thinks he is competing adultery on meat every time I force feed it to him!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back