quite upset due to sister

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
well lastnight me and my bloke went to my sistersd and her hubbys for a few drinks and she nose we are ttc. she stood infront of me and told me if i got pg id be an unfit mother and that social services would take my children away and why did she say this? because my bloke drinks a couple of cans a night it doesnt bother me hes not nasty with drink or anything like that he treats me like a princess
i could believe she said it i could of burst into tears on the spot
shes got no room to talk shes got 2 kids 2 different dads and her current hubby knocks her about every bloke shes been with nocked her about yet she doesnt see herself as an unfit mother
what is all that about cant believe she could be so spitfull
sorry just had to let off some steam
manda x

It sounds rather like she knows her situation and feels better about herself if she can stand in judgement of others. What is really sad is how in her desperate state she has made even bigger plonker of herself by choosing to pick on perfectly normal and acceptable behavior. She's lucky you bother to go round for drinks (which by definition would entail having a drink).

Don't let her get to you, be thankful you don't live in her head. It must be torture.

thanks for that yes ive really cut down on my drinking from most nights to a couple at the weekend
she was pissed lastnight even her husband dint no were to looks or what to say when she started
manda x

You'll make a great mum. Sorry your sisters a numpty!!

Becs said:
You'll make a great mum. Sorry your sisters a numpty!!
:rotfl:

I'm sorry she's saying these things to you. I'm wondering if it's jealousy, as in your in a happy relationship and your kids will have the same father etc. People are often nasty when they feel low or have issues of their own to deal with. Your other half having a beer at home each night is nothing, people smoke at home (which can harm babies yet nothing is ever said) people do a lot worse at home than have a can and rest assured your children would never be taken from you due to that reason. I have friends in really high up positions on the career ladder, they are parents and they will come home to a glass of wine or a can of beer and I have to say they are simply amazing parents. Don't listen to your sister, I'm convinced she has issues of her own to deal with and is just taking them out on you as one of her nearest and dearest type thing. Chin up you'll be a great mother!! :hug:

thanks for that it just hurt me so much that someone so close to me would say something like that i believe it is jelously as she just wouldnt listen to anything i had to say. i see her thismorning and she didnt say anything to me but seemed very embaressed about things
manda x

It sounds to me she is aware of her own shortcomings and is trying to project that onto you to make herself feel better.

Take heart in the fact that if thats what she is doing, its only because you are close to her and she is jealous of the life you have in comparison to her own.

I was in a violent relationship for 10 years and believe me, you start to look at other people who arnt and get so jealous and angry with yourself, it can make you think and do the most out of character things.

Hope you can resolve it with your sister :hug:

Ignore her she is obviously feeling jelous.
You will be a great mum.

how blinking sad, I know when I tell my big sisters they will be clucking around me and wrapping me in cotton wool (a good reason to not tell them just yet) I can't understand why you sister is being so nasty.
The fact that you are thinking about having a child instead of just getting knocked up will make you a good mommy.
Sounds like your sister may need some therapy to me
:hug:

:hug: such a shame :shakehead: You will be a wonderful mum. Just forgive her as she does need you more than you realise, poor girl :hug: you stay strong doll, and don't get annoyed, she is just crying out and not doing a very good job of it. . . give her some space, and give yourself the same away from her for a wee while, might even help you relax about TTC a little more, take care and don't worry, Lv Yvonne xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back