Quinine in tonic water..

Zorica

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the site but have been regularly checking in and reading everyone elses posts!
Could anyone help with a worry.....have been totally craving tonic water, gone off nealry all other drinks except water! Probably get through a litre bottle evry couple of days. A friend told me the other day that the quinine in tonic water is not good for pregnant ladies and so am now really worried have caused some damage to babe? Searched on net for advice but pulled a blank. Any advice grateful!

I haven't heard or read about this, so maybe your friend is confused... Ask your midwife to make sure.

welcome to the site...IF the net has pulled a blank , it certainly isn't a listed item prolly not a prob but check with m/w next time you see her.

Quinine is fine and helps guard against leg cramps... i have been having this reguarly from day 1.......

I quit this during pregnancy anyway as I only liked gin in it! :wink: I've never heard any risks linked to pregnancy though, and usually everything turns up somewhere on here!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back