quick question..

Robyn_

Reaction score
please dont think i am stupid,

but when the babies head is engaged does that mean that birth is coming?
or can he move from it?

i feel really dumb asking :oops: :oops: :oops:

It means the bbay will be ready to come soon robyn, as soon as the head is engaged it means the baby is ready from any time, but most peoples babys heads enegage between 35 weeks and not till their literally ready to give birth!

How do you know when they engage their heads? Can you feel it?

Definitely - mine is only 4/5 engaged which means really that only 1/5 of the baby's head is engaged in the pelvis and the m/w can still feel 4/5 of it - I've feel increasingly like I've got a bowling ball in my pelvis, in between my thighs (much worse than before) and am definitely waddling now!

xxx

Yes and know i think.I did woth my last but i had a pelvic condition anyway.
You know when the baby has 'dropped' anyway because all the pressure off your lungs will go and you will be able to eat again and your bump will noticably droop as well!

I think I'm ok at the moment then. The baby has just started bobbing her head up and down I can see it lol and she hasn't got her head near my pelvis phew she isn't getting ready just yet!

mrs_tommo22 said:
Yes and know i think.I did woth my last but i had a pelvic condition anyway.
You know when the baby has 'dropped' anyway because all the pressure off your lungs will go and you will be able to eat again and your bump will noticably droop as well!

Oh :shock:

Up until about 3 days ago I was having so much trouble breathing and now I can breath properly and my appetite went now thats come back and yesterday I asked my brother if he thinks my bump looks bigger and he said yes but it also looks like it has drooped down a bit!! Do you think my bump has dropped or what does it sound like?

Does sound like it has vickyleigh, but some bumps drop sooner then others, nothing to owrry about.
You might have the urge to pee more often though aqnd have your LO squishing your bowel region and thats uncomfortable :rotfl:

I have been weeing more often and I get poo pains alot worse. This might sound like a silly question but why does your bump drop? If mine has dropped which it really sounds like it has then does that mean she is going to come early?

My midwife said mine had gone down already.. she didn't tell me anything about 1/5, 2/5 etc though but then she's been useless all the way through.

i'v heard a lot of first babies engage weeks before theyre born, and some bob out and back in. but mine didnt fully engage until VERY late on, i kno coz i was examined about 36 hours b4 i gave birth and she wasnt fully engaged!
i think the signs are pressure on ur bladder and a lower bump (if ur bump has "dropped")

Had my 34 week check today...baby is head down and starting to think about engaging - she said it might be too early for her to properly say he's 4/5 engaged type thing but said he's heading that way bless him. It doesn't necessarily mean labour is coming shortly as she did also mention that untill he is 2-3/5 he could just come back out again, wiggle around and try again a week later type thing - and like trixipaws said some babies don't fully engage untill the actual delivery time, others dont engage at all (usually ends in a c-section) so don't worry about engaged or not engaged yet your still very early to think about your bump dropping or engaged heads etc. I was told I was early at 34 weeks today and know my bump dropped at 32 weeks the difference was amazing!

I think I may just have a low lying bump. My friends mum looked at my bump yesterday and said "I carried all 3 of my kids low like you and they were all born really quickly" that made me feel alot better.

Mine has been low the whole way through and people have been saying there's no way it'll make it to 40 weeks..!

Every one seems to tell me the same thing! I've had a few people say to me 'I bet she'll come a few weeks early' My OH said yesterday that he has a feeling she will arrive a couple of weeks early. I think she will too, I dont know why but I just have this feeling she will come slightly early but safe early not early early if that makes sense.

People keep telling me I wont go til full term but I think I will go overdue, no idea why but probably just because I dont want to go overdue :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back