Quick question

lozzle

Reaction score
My MIL is giving is the Moses basket which she kept at her house for OH brothers baby who is 7 months but doesn't stay, now my concern is that I think the Moses basket was second hand when they got it and MIL smokes a lot so I am going to change the mattress which I have found a new one on mothercare site but I am struggling to find new lining for it as it is also pink but we would like to change it to neutral. Do you ladies know where I could find the linings for one? Also do you think it will be ok once mattress and everything is changed? In concerned with it being second hand and coming from a smoking home.

just give the wood a wipe down this dettol wipes..
try amazon or ebay hun for linings? if u havent already.

But with new mattress aswell i think it should be ok. If the stand is still sturdy and stong and isnt wobbly and the basket itself isnt broken then i think itll be fine xx

Thanks both just didn't want to seem ungrateful as its a lovely Moses basket just want it clean, smelling fresh and risk free for baby :)

Ohh no compeltey understand. Id be the same as neither me or my OH smoke, i cant stand the smell of stale smoke either!

But i think a wipe down with some nice scented wipes and have a browse on amazon the moses basket is pretty much good as new :) x

Wipe it down thoroughly. I would definitely get rid of the mattress. The say the stuff that gets in furniture pillow etc.. from smoking is still carcinogenic and definitely harmful to baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back