Quick question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by lozzle, Jun 25, 2013.

1. lozzle

lozzle Well-Known Member

My MIL is giving is the Moses basket which she kept at her house for OH brothers baby who is 7 months but doesn't stay, now my concern is that I think the Moses basket was second hand when they got it and MIL smokes a lot so I am going to change the mattress which I have found a new one on mothercare site but I am struggling to find new lining for it as it is also pink but we would like to change it to neutral. Do you ladies know where I could find the linings for one? Also do you think it will be ok once mattress and everything is changed? In concerned with it being second hand and coming from a smoking home.

2. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

just give the wood a wipe down this dettol wipes..
    try amazon or ebay hun for linings? if u havent already.

But with new mattress aswell i think it should be ok. If the stand is still sturdy and stong and isnt wobbly and the basket itself isnt broken then i think itll be fine xx

3. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Agree with Wss^

4. lozzle

lozzle Well-Known Member

Thanks both just didn't want to seem ungrateful as its a lovely Moses basket just want it clean, smelling fresh and risk free for baby :)

5. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

Ohh no compeltey understand. Id be the same as neither me or my OH smoke, i cant stand the smell of stale smoke either!

But i think a wipe down with some nice scented wipes and have a browse on amazon the moses basket is pretty much good as new :) x

6. Allinaday

Allinaday Well-Known Member

Wipe it down thoroughly. I would definitely get rid of the mattress. The say the stuff that gets in furniture pillow etc.. from smoking is still carcinogenic and definitely harmful to baby.