quick in-law rant

fran_23

Reaction score
sorry just need to vent- my MIL is pissing me right off
Hayden just randomly started asking for ketchup and then refused to eat his dinner without it..i dont give him ketchup i never have and i have told everyone else not to aswell.
i suspected mil as my mum would never go behind my back so i had a word and said i didnt allow him it and she said "oh it was kelly" (thats OH's younger sister who is 17) so i said well you should have told kelly that he is not allowed it, she said sorry and she would make sure he didnt have it from now on.
she looked after him while i went to the doctor today and when i picked him up her boyfriend said "hayden ate his tea- he loves his ketchup doesnt he" this is seriously a very petty problem to have but i'm just p*ssed off..surely its not that hard to not give my child something i have told them i dont allow him! its all salt, sugar and colourings.. :wall: :wall: :wall: ffs...anyway rant over.. :lol:

No I completely agree with you Fran, however "minor" it may be to your MIL, it's YOUR son and she should be sticking to the rules! Whether your rule is for him not to play with knives or not to have juice out of a certain cup!!

I've already spoken with my Mum about any rules I instill and warned her never to go against them!

I personally think that if I say no to something, others should NEVER (under any circumstance) say yes. If I say yes to something, others can say no if they like in their home.

I'm sure if she had a rule in her house (ie not to walk around with food) but maybe you let the child at home, you'd respect it because it's her home - well, this is your son!

It's probably a phase he's going through trying to test you by not eating without ketchup - she's adding to the problem. If one person allows it and one doesn't, he might refuse to eat at all without it! - That's potentially a BIG problem!

At the end of the day, she's undermining you, and you're the parent.

x

Funny how Its always the INLAWS who don't do anything you ask, It's exactly the same for me and no matter how many times I ask them not to do something, do they listen....do they eckers! :x :wall:
Will your OH say anything to her? Mine won't...think he's too chicken to upset his poor Mother :lol:

thank you Dannii-glad you agree with me, i dont think its unreasonable
for them to stick to the rules, grrr :twisted:

lol Mica- all men are mummies boys even if they pretend not to be..
but OH has phoned her tonight when he got in tonight so hopefully that
will be the end of it- its just so petty i can't believe i'm stressing over some fcking tomato sauce..hehe but its the principal!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back