Quick help on gripe water

Jellybeanjen

Reaction score
I know it's says 4 weeks on the bottle but I need to give my anna some gripe water she keeps screaming in pain like in waves of it bless her and its a scream scream not a whine. She has such bad wind! But.....it says spoonful (5ml).....what size spoon?! How...what do I do :/

if you dont have a measuring spoon or a syringe i wouldnt give it to her. Cause you would have no idea how much you are giving, so could be harmful?

have you tried infacol, dentinox, colief, massage etc etc?

(look up wind massage on Youtube, loads of vids on how to get the farts out)

Infacol was great for us during the early weeks, we didn't move onto gripe water until 6 weeks. 5ml is a teaspoon full x

Was just about to say 5ml is a teaspoon worth. Have you tried infacol? was a god send for us. You can give up to 2 suckers worth of it too if just one doesn't work,
Hope it passes soon hun! xxx

My lo is on gripe water as he wouldn't have infacol. Screwed his little face up lol. He is 3 weeks so I give him 4 ml with a syringe. He is much more comfortable. X

If you can, give it with a syringe. My LO won't take anything from a spoon, just spits it straight out!

Have you tried anything like infacol or dentinox? These can be added directly to their milk, which is what we do.

I find putting my little man over my shoulder is the best position for getting his wind up.

Get yourself to a chemist and get a medicine spoon or syringe.

Infacol was horrible for us [caused constipation] but never had any issues with Gripe Water

xxxx

Last edited:
You can buy an awesome contraption in boots. It's basically a dummy that you put medicine into then the baby just sucks the dummy to swallow whatever's inside x

http://m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.com/en/4Little1-Eezimed-Medicine-Dummy_1219905/

tapatalkin

Well....as soon as I found a syringe and everything...she had fallen asleep. She then slept alllll night (well we woke her at 5am to feed her but that is the time we get up anyway) and then she fed and slept again and then she wouldn't have a bottle after 3 hours of sleep which is odd for her. She has only jus had a full bottles worth.
We have been using infacol but seems to not be doing as good a job now. Although...my mum gave her a bottle last and I keep telling her you MUST wind her and get a burp otherwise she screams all night when I go home with her and I don't think she did. She always says "I have had 5 babies you know...I know how to look after them" but I have seen her not wind her properly before. I am getting nervous as she is meant to be looking after her for a few hours on Saturday so she better start winding her properly!! lol. xxx

Oh jen I feel for you. I could have written this myself a few days ago. My aunt fed Harrison and during the feed my mum noticed she diffusive the bottles tilted properly so the poor little mite had sucked in air, she then didn't wind him properly. My mum tried her hardest to get the wind up but he didn't part with it all and boy dies me and his dad know about it that night :/

I had him over my shoulder, on his belly over my knee, rotating him round sat up, rubbed his belly everything. In the end it took some cooled boiled water and him laid across my chest bouncing him up and down whilst rubbing/patting his back!

I now watch everyone like a hawk when he's being fed and winded! I also use the infacol 1 dose about 5-10 mins before each feed, I have to be honest it taken until now for it to start working but it is now. So if you've only just started out with it it might be worth giving it a few days.

In the meantime, if she has trapped wind again, a few sips of cooled water. It's helped us a few times :)

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back