• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Quick formula question..

nori

Reaction score
Just a quickie,

I have been using the ready made cartons before now but im now using the powder for the first time. Now i have all my 4 bottles with cooled boiling water at room temperature. When im ready for a feed do i heat the bottle then add the formula or add the formula then heat the bottle?

Also should i just heat the bottle in a bowl of boiling water as i have been?

Sorry for the questions,

Claire x

Add the formula then heat :D Hot water is the safest method as you won't get hot spots like in a microwave

I make my bottles up to about 4oz then add 2oz freshly boiled water when needed then add the powder. Its slightly warm then and I don't have to sit and cool the bottle back down if I get it too hot like I manage to do in the microwave or even with the hot water :lol: I find it quicker too :D

I never heat, I just serve at room temperature. Is that wrong?

Mildly said:
I never heat, I just serve at room temperature. Is that wrong?

no hun thats not wrong. some babies prefer warm bottles, others will quite happily take room temp. Ava started with room temp bottles but when her feeding became a struggle we warmed them up and now she wont take it at room temp!

Nope - the way I do it doesn't even warm the milk really. Just helps it to mix better I think. Finlay would drink his out of the fridge if we let him :lol:

Thanks ladies :D I mix feed so sometimes he'll have EBM still chilled if we are out. As far as food goes he isn't fussy where it comes from or what temp it is :lol: I didn't want to hurt his belly by serving it wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back