Quick advice

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
How does this complaint sound

I am writing in regards to our recent shopping experience at mamas and papas Westfield. We originally went into the store back in mid June to take a look at the buggy selection. We were served by a lady named Bhakti (according to our receipt) she showed us the Ultima and talked us through It's many uses, we are currently living in a small house and most likely will not be moving until our baby is born. Because of this we plan on using the carrycot as a bed so the all in one aspect of the Ultima was perfect for us.

We talked through the package and we made it very clear that we wanted everything in the package (bar the changing bag) She sorted us out with a price of £706 we paid a deposit of £176.50 With no hesitation.

This weekend we went back to the store to pay off the remaining money on the buggy. As we were about to make the payment I luckily double checked that we'd had everything included and we found out that no, the foot muff and rain cover were not included in our package. As our baby is due at the end of December (which we made very clear to Bhakti) these are two bits of kit that we would not be able to do without during the winter months and I even asked specifically her to make sure the rain cover was included! My partner and I are shocked that we were lied to about what was included in our package especially by a shop as renowned as mamas and papas!

The lady who served us on our trip this weekend, Joanne was very apologetic and kindly threw our rain cover in for free. Unfortunately we hadn't budgeted to be spending more then we did on the set and now cannot afford the matching footmuff especially as we have spent over £700 on our set.

As a loyal mamas and papas customer I was very upset with this experience and it has taken the initial excitement out of buying this buggy for me!

Perfect! Reckon it should get a good response hun!

It's v good. Am sure you should get something done about it.

xx

My OH read it and said 'but u haven't asked for anything?' but I thought they would offer something if I'm getting anything wouldn't they?

You've mentioned its the footmuff you've not got so they should pick up on that point.

xx

Yeah, i wouldn't ask outright as they may just think your trying to get a freebie. It looks more legit' if you make it into a serious complaint. If, when they reply, they don't mention givin u the footmuff, then you can say that they should be giving you one as a goodwill gesture.

Good luck with the complaint - one tip mamas and papas are renowned for terrible customer service being the no1 supplier of baby products they get away with assorts.

We had issues with dd baby seat/rocker - they wouldn't do anything about it saying it was normal which we knew it wasn't and we had spent over 5k on stuff from them Inc all the furniture, pram, bedding etc.

Let us know how you get on x

Sounds good to me, but expect to have to chase for a response, we were missing some parts and I rang and chased it, 5 weeks & 10 phonecalls & 3 complaint emails later I managed to get my parts (all phonecalls and emails were from me as they NEVER phoned me back once despite promising everytime they would) when I rang to chase up the complaint email I was told it wouldn't be logged as a complaint until after I had received the missing parts despite the fact the complaint was about the fact I'd been waiting for 5 weeks for them and noone was responding to me!!!!
In the end the day the parts finally arrived hubby rang them and said right the parts are here please confirm you can now log my wife complaint, the person on the phone just said well we can send you a £20 voucher, hubby said not good enough, so she said well how much do you want, so he said £50 and she said ok and sent it out to us. I have never heard back from them about the complaint and what they had done to improve the customer service issues I had so I can only assume they washed their hands of it once agreeing to the voucher, which is why they never improve!!!!

Irb gave me the email of someone in the CEO office so hopefully I'll get something decent!

Fingers crossed for you hon, its bang out of order to have lied to you like that so stick to your guns and chase chase chase until your happy with the outcome x

I wouldnt've minded so much if we'd paid £300 or something but we've paid £700 we can barely afford on it!

Sounds good to me

I'd imagine they will get back to you & offer you to go in store to collect those things. Or post them out. I really cant imagine them knocking it back, especially when you are spending that much money.

:)

Good luck Pinky, if you look of Mama's & Papa's FB page, it does appear they have really shite customer service. Keep on their backs and don't let it drop!

hi i think it sound good my only comment would be that the sales rep misled you rather than lied to you as this sounds a little harsh.

Good luck with it x x

Did you have to sign anything to confirm what you were paying for? You might have been given a copy.

They might start being funny if you've signed to say its only a buggy.

:)

So my OH was rung by mamas and papas today and he passed them my number so I am currently awaiting a call from them. Apparently it's the lady who gave us the free rain cover and I'm gonna feel bad for her as she was lovely it was the other woman that I have issue with! Do u think my complaints silly?
I'm feeling put off by it all now! Who spends £700 on a buggy?!? Am I mad? Argh I don't know what to do??

Stick to your guns and make it clear that it's nothing personal - our buggy is nearly 700 and have to buy car seat ontop of that :shock:

I just see people on here getting buggys for £200-£300 and I wonder if were doing the right thing!

do yo have your original receipt , what does it detail in there? if the package doesnt include the muff and rain cover then you may not have a leg to stand on.

I would start the letter...

It is with disappointment that we are embarking on raising an official complaint and wish to bring to your attention a very negative experience we have had with your company.

I would also end it like this,

please ensure that you respond in writing within 10 working days form the date of this letter, I thank you in advance for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Send it recorded delivery too.

good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back