Questions i hope someone can answer

Yvonne

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wondering if you can solve a mystery for me.

I've not been feeling right for the last few days now so yesterday i took a cheap pregnancy test and it came up positive, very faint but it was definately there as Amy could see 2 lines to.

Did a clearblue and it came up negative and i am bleeding today like normal for my period! :think:

Has anyone bled slightly when they have been pregnant or had a light period when pregnant and has anyone had a wrong result on clearblue?

I am not ttc or anything and if i'm honest number 3 was never on the cards i just want to know either way what's going on.

i bled in early pregnancy, i had to have a scan at 6 weeks as i was convinced it was my period but i havnt had a false positive so not sure about that :think:

Thanks for that hun,

Its just with my period coming on the day it is meant to i'm confused.
I'm sooo tired though which was one of the reasons i tested.

I have read a few people have had negatives on clearblue for about a week in pregnancy.

i've never heard of a false positive, im sure there must be cases out there but a test shows up positive because it picks up on certain hormones that you wouldnt have if you werent pregnant. Im sure the clear blues are 99.9% accurate so yea not quite 100% but im sure it would be extremely rare to get a false positive.
you could always test again after a few days?

I never experienced bleeding throughout my pregnancy but soo many women on here have had it around the time that thier period is due and have perfectly happy healthy pregnancies that go to full term. It doesnt even seem rare anymore. If you pop in and have a look in 1st trimester you'll probably see a few in the same situation.
If however the bleeding shows some clots you need to get it checked.

Congratulations on your positive, sounds like it is a bit of a shock for you, hopefully a nice suprise :D

I've just done another and it was negative :(

I don't know what is going on. I will try and upload the picture of my positive.
Hubby thinks it is cos it was a cheapy and not reliable but i know a few that have used these.

My period started exactly the day I expected it to (which I can recall vividly as I realised I'd run out of the necessary protection and had to go to Tesco at 10pm! :oops: ). But then the next day it kind of tailed off... I didn't test until 3 days after that when it suddenly occurred to me that maybe it wasn't just a short period! :roll:

I also had some bleeding at 7 weeks but otherwise all has been fairly normal and straightforward with this pregnancy.

It is very unlikely to get a false positive but false negatives can be quite common, especially around the time your period is due.

Hope you get a definitive answer soon and it is the one you would like. :hug:

Cheapies in my opinion are just as reliable, the clear blue require a higher amount of hcg compaired to the cheapies.

I think you should test again tomorrow with a cheapie, if its neg I would say that you could of possibly had a chemical pregnancy :(

I had very light bleeding and cramps around the time my period was due when I was 4 weeks pregnant but had two positive results with clearblue. As I had not long been off the pill the GP said he thought I would miscarry so went for scans at 5 and 6 weeks. That was back in feb and now got a healthy bubba in my arms.

It might just be a bit early still hun. Good luck fingers crossed for you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back