I was so naive!!

CupcakeMummy

Reaction score
Urgh.

Just been sorting out our spare room.

The second we started TTC last summer I started baby shopping!

I didn't even consider it might take this long (was anticipating an April 2012 baby!?!) so took a free Ikea changing unit I was offered and the thing was full by September.

I've got so many cloth nappies. 2 changing bags, bottles, clothes.

I don't go near it really anymore. I was just looking at one of the changing bags today as I could get £80 for it and I'm not convinced it'll be big enough for cloth.

Anyway. Looking at it all really made me feel like an idiot. :( And it's made me feel so hopeless. :(

Hug so sorry its made you feel like this but FX one day it will be full of happy memories! x

oh dont be too disheartened, im sure we have been ttc for the same time - cycle 8 now for me, it will happen!!

when we first started ttc i was soooo excited i could spend hours researching prams, looking at cribs etc on the internet, now i dont ever go on those sites, its getting too hard. i dont even do hpts at the end of my cycle now, just wait for AF as I know its coming cause of spotting and temp drops :(

i never bought anything but i know what i want when i can - an UppaBaby Vista or Bugaboo or iCandy pram. A beautiful dark wood cot, cream bedding, a nursing rocking chair etc etc. i gonna stop, i might cry, aarrgghhhh :cry:

im exactly the same...been trying nearly 7 months and never imagined it wood take this long (how naive indeed)

first couple of months i too was on all the baby websites etc (i also know what pram and nursing chair etc im having), but recently become a bit disheartened and feel silly.

I think after a certain amount of time u cant believe ul ever get that bfp....i know i dont

it WILL happen for us tho girls...it has to for our own sanity lol cupcake there will come a time (very soon i hope) that all the things u have bought will be used xxxx

Oh sweetie im just the same been tring since may and really thought i wud have been pg by now was so niave didnt even think it wud b this long silly really but didnt even know what the pill was doing to my body.

U r not alone i often research what i want and look at things all the time and had so many people who r ready to give us there baby things and i think they have given up on us now!! But i havent tho n i havent given up on anyone else here.

We will get out bfp and when we do it will all b so worth it.

Big hugs.

Michelle. x

Bellarina i think we keep posting at the same time!! lol.

Michelle. x

Oh, I know how you feel, I thought it would happen straight away but it took 13 long cycles for me.
Chin up girls, at least you're all prepared!

:hug:
I was the same. Thought it would happen straight away, just like last time.
I have still got stuff from when AJ was small. I now have a full set of bottles, Steriliser and bottles, change bag nappies etc too.

I stopped buying a while back, cant believe its been over a year now since starting ttc :( x

I can't help myself looking at prams and baby clothes etc I have not bought anything for myself but have come very close. I think it's natural to plan and be keen to buy baby things when TTC.

I'm sure you will be making good use of your baby items soon

Fx crossed xxxxxxx

Aw honey!! you arent alone! I am the same.... i feel so down about it, we started looking at nursery furniture and decor, etc the minute we started ttc... i have been ttc sine june.... i feel so down about it... when we fell pg in novemeber i went out and started buyinh nappies.... and had a msc in early dec... i had to clear our spare room out a couple weeks ago as my brother has moved in for a short while and it broke my heart seeing all the nappies squashed into the back of the cupboard! i know how you feel!
But atleast you are prepared and it will happen!!! xx

Thanks ladies. You're all do sweet an amazing.

Not sure what I'd do without this forum sometimes!!

Xxxx

Not sure what I'd do without this forum sometimes!!

Xxxx

me neither, i have learned soooo much and there is always someone to cheer you up or answer your questions, even the TMI ones!

i need to calm down a bit and relax. its cd20 and i still havent ovulated which is very unusual for me, average about day cd15. going to go for a nice long walk with my ipod and sing along (well in my head as i am a terrible singer) and chill out. have a nice weekend ladies!

Come on girls we will all get there in the end . I'm on month 24 this month and never imagined i'd be here but i am. I cant wait to see all your BFP's x x x

Ladies , you can never be too prepared , my longest was only 10 mths of trying, but I feels like an age at the time...

Hang in there , I will be watching your bfp posts soon X

I think we all do it, look, resrearch and buy. I haven't bought anything but I'm always looking at stuff I'd love. I am buying now something every week but it's not for me it's for my 1st grandchild due in April, both my son and his girlfriend are in college so I'm trying to get bits for then as they are going to struggle, I've been pram shopping with them as I said I'd get it for them I got so down after but at least I've something to look forward to, I keep thinking to my self this will be the little angle I can't have :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back