Question for mummy's with more than 1 child :)

kadesmummy

Reaction score
Did your labour with your second (or other) children go quicker than with your first? was it easier?

With Kade i was 2 weeks overdue, and induced. I was in labour for 7 hours - i know it doesn't seem like alot, but to be in costant pain for 7 hours was a big shock to me, so obviously i'm hoping Logan does mummy a favour and comes out in, say 4 hours?, haha, wishful thinking i know. Plus i'm freaking out because i had a 2nd degree tear with Kade and the recovery proccess was worse than the birth to be honest :( i don't want to go through that again. Hopefully Logan is a little smaller than Kade's 9lbs 1oz.

thank you :) xx

23+1.

My labour with my 2nd was actually classed as longer although I had my waters broken so they started it from then.

It was a more demanding labour, but then he was nearly 2 pounds bigger than my daughter.

Recovery for me, 2nd time around was a million times faster :)

Hope that helps :hug:

kadesmummy said:
Plus i'm freaking out because i had a 2nd degree tear with Kade and the recovery proccess was worse than the birth to be honest

Sorry, I can't answer your question, but I agree completely with that! I actually enjoyed the birth and the only thing scaring me from having another baby someday is the thought of the recovery process.

All of my labours were quite long though they have gotten shorter each time. The births were all very different so I can't really say whether I coped better or not. Baby no 2 was a textbook , natural fantastic delivery, baby number three went quite wrong and was born in a big panic with lots doctors.
I do think it's easier in the fact that your much more prepared and confident that your body knows exacly what it's doing. I tore with all 3 of my kids and I think the healing process has been easier each time.

I'm sure baby number 2 will be kind and not give you too much of a hard time!!

my second labour was absolutly lovely, if you can be bothered look up my birth stories, hannahs was truely an awful experiece if im honest. where as emilys was beautiful - and i only had gasnair with emily (where as i had EVERYTHING with hannah plus ended with tones of stitches ect)

hannah was somthing like 30 hours established labour and emilys was 4 established labour - which if im honest only the last half hour was 'really sore' and she was out in 2 pushes! and no stiches!:D :D :D

good luck hunnie!

Mine was longer 2nd time but she was alot bigger

First- induced at 39+3, labour 4hours, DS 5lb 11oz

Second- induced at 40+2, labour 5 hours to deliver DD (8hrs if you add delivering the placenta)
DD weighed 8lbs 5.5oz

I think I did cope better 2nd time as in i knew what was coming (which terrified me throughout the pregnancy) plus I had so many complications I really really needed her out. I kept saying to myself things along the lines of "my memories of DS birth have subsided, you can get through this and forget this too" that really helped me through it all

No1 - 26 hours, 18 established hours, 2 hours pushing
No2 - 1hr55 total, 20 mins established, 2 pushes in 2 mins and he was out!!!

Both of mine were 8lb 12. Second one was mentally extremely traumatic with many complications but much shorter, first one was better pain wise but longer. Which birth would i prefer if i did it again, hmmmm :think: i dont know?

My first labour was 6 hours, pushing for almost 2 hours and he weighed 8lb 14oz. I had quite an extensive 2nd degree tear and loads of stitches, which I agree was extremely sore for a few weeks after and probably the worst bit of it all. My second was much quicker, in labour for 3 hours and pushing for 10 minutes, but then she was smaller at 8lb 6oz. I also had a 2nd degree tear with her but only really small and nowhere near the scale of damage as my first, and without any stitches. I have found the healing process to be much easier this time and bounced back to feeling 'normal' almost straight away. Yes, my tear is still healing now at 7 weeks, but it has never been sore, so I think the stitching actually causes more hassle sometimes and Im glad they didnt stitch me this time. I definitely found it much easier second time round and really enjoyed the whole birth experience :hug:

1st: 30 hours, 16 hours established labour

2nd: 65 hours, 7 hours established labour

I was induced both times, 1st because of pre eclampsia, 2nd because of failure to progress

With Isaac my waters ruptured and I had constant contractions but still ended up being induced with a forceps delivery, 86hrs in total. With Ophelia my waters broke but nothing much else happened and so I had a sweep and some prostin gel and she came very quickly, through my pants and PJ bottoms as I went from feeling nothing to pushing in less than an hr. She was tiny though at 5lb 11oz and 3weeks before her EDD, I had a 1degree tear that needed no attention and I had had an episiotimy with Isaac so feared I would tear badly. After Isaac I had a lot of mental and emotional issues because of the labour and birth but after Ophelia I wanted to do it all again and again :D That's my 2 experiences, I do hope you have a smoother labour and birth this time, you just never know, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

With both my pregnancies I reached 42 weeks and had to be induced.

BUT with my first pregnancy I was being induced for a lot longer (had to have the gel 4 times) and she was finally born at 42+4

With my second pregnancy, I only had to have the gel once, and he was born at 42+1

so yes, second labour was quicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back