Question for women with more than one child

violet-glow

Reaction score
Hiya,

Ive been thinking about this alot, so just really wanted to know how it was for you. As you know I have a 2 year old, he will be 3 by the time this baby is born. I was just wondering how difficult it is when you have just come out of hospital and your not just looking after a baby, but a toddler aswell. My OH is going to be taking 2 weeks off work when the babys born, but to be honest he doesnt know much about kids. He really good at playing with zack and making sure hes ok, but useless at taking care of him e.g feeding him etc. So I was thinking that my mum could look after my 2 year old while I get back to my normal self after the baby is born. Zack would be round almost every day, but wouldnt be sleeping at mine. I dont know if that will be good for him tho, because I want him to bond with the baby aswell. :? Im all in a muddle.

How was it for you bringing home a new baby aswell as looking after your other child/children?

Thanks for reading this anyways :)

xxx

my eldest was a nightmare when i had bethany he was 4 then so a bit older - but please dont let that put you off a she has behavioural problems anyway. he became intensly jealous of beth and attacked her on a number of occassions i couldnt let either of them out of my sight for 2 seconds i couldnt even go to the toilet on my own. (he still isnt much better now tbh) :wall: might be better if someone else answered this question as mine problem isnt the best reply as it wouldnt really be relevant in your situation. :?

Hiya
Mason was 4 when Brody was born and has been really good from the word go. As he's that bit older he understands that I'm sometimes busy with Brody and can't give him my full attention all the time like I used to.

When we do have some time together I try and make up for it though, we still bake cakes and play with play-doh and stuff.

Is your son old in nursery?
If not I would maybe look into it, for a couple of afternoons a week or something to give you a break. Settle him in now though so he doesn't feel pushed out.
Depending on your son he may feel a little pushed out if he is moved out of home (at bedtime) when the baby arrives, so personally I'd be wary of this, and perhaps look into keeping him busier during the day then still have you tuck him into bed at night so he still has the security.

Of course, your son might think it's fantastic that he gets to see his nanny more so it depends on how he is usually I guess.

Let us know how you get on!

I found it quite good... my eldest was 27 months. After the birth, he came to visit me and his new baby sister in the hospital. He brought her a gift that he chose himself and in return, his baby sister gave him a duplo fire engine, which we knew he wanted. He was so chuffed with that, they bonded quickly.

I wouldn't have dreamt to exclude him, dispite his age. He had a dolly that got a bottle whenever I sat down to bf my daughter. Healso had a playbox that had his name on and he was only allowed to take it out when I was bf. He saw it as a treat and loved it.

It was a bit of a juggle to begin with, but my dh was also there for a couple of weeks. You'll be fine - don't worry. At least you've got your mum if you really need the time to yourself and baby.
It's a big change for everyone, but more so for the eldest.

One thing... be prepared to be completely shocked when you see your boy after the birth. He won't be that wee boy that you had before the birth. I cried when I saw him walk through the door. I felt that I had betrayed him. Emotional time!!!

Today, they had a wonderful relationship... he's still very protective... just great friends!
So, give your little boy the chance. Ask him to help you - they love being needed.

Hope that helps!
Emilia xx :wink:

Oh I forgot to say...as a present from Brody to Mason I got him one of those dress-up bears from "the bear factory" I was so glad we did, we only bought one outfit for it, because now it wears all of the newborn clothes that Brody grew out of...definitley recommend it :)
When I got Brody dressed in the morning Mason would dress the bear to stop him getting in the way :)

i done what urchin done too, i got Dior her first doll with lil puschair from Harley to her, then Dior thought she had her own babytoo then when its Harleys feed and nappy change time, Dior its nextto me with her dolly and copied.
must admit though it was such hard workat first.

Are you going to bottle feed??
if so the best bit of advice is to make sure you have some one around when your milk comes in, OMG :shock: the pain was unbelievable and Dior was trying to climb all over me it lastest for about 3days

i think you will be fine as Zack is old anough to help pass you nappies ect
Dior still hasnt mastered that one :roll:

Hiya Thnaks for your replies...
only just got to read them, as my computer exploded at my house. :?

I dont want zack to feel like im shuting him out and I know id feel like that if I got sent away when my brother was born. I guess im just pooing myself over every little thing at the moment.

The present thing sounds like a great idea, because zack is very easily bought. (gets it from me lol... someone buys me chocloate and im theirs hehe)

Guess im just going to have to see what happens when the babys born. You can never tell how kids are going to react about things can you.

Ive been getting the doppler out and letting zack have a go at listening and finding the babys heart beat. I think thats helped alot. He keeps telling me hes having a baby sister, I hope so lol.
Tho he thinks the baby is in my bellybutton lol.

Thnaks again for your replies, you've really helped calm me down.
Ive been doing y nut over whats going to happen when the babys here lol
Typical pregnant women :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back