Question for co-sleepers...

zebrastripes

Reaction score
Willow has started to roll properly now. Usually I sleep on the outside of the bed anyway,but I just wondered,what did you do when your LO began to roll? Can't you get bed guards or something?

Also,what's the best age to put baby in his or her own cot?

You can get lots of different types of bed guards.
You can put her in the cot anytime, if she is going to be a roller then it might be worth thinking about it now for the both your sakes but there is no reason she cant still sleep with you. I bet she is nice and cosy to cuddle into.,

She is :lol: To be honest I'm quite happy for her to stay in with me for another few months,if not more, but I don't want her rolling out onto our stone floor :shock: I'm going to have a look for some bedguards at mothercare or somewhere

iv found that altho millie loves rolling, she either cant or wont when she's in her gro-bag. she normally sleeps in her cot at first, then at the first nite feed ill latch her on and fall asleep with her feeding (so shes still in her grobag) if im feeding with the right boob she's on my side not between me and boyf, but she never rolls off. i put my arm around her and put a spare pillow at side of the bed tho just in case.
havin said that, if i take off the grobag (for nappy or something) and put her in bed in just her sleepsuit shes rolling, climbing up us, rotating 90 degrees so shes sideways, etc.

idk if that helps!

We've just moved our little one to her cot! It was more difficult for me than for her :D . I have a feeling that she hasn't even noticed it :( . Anyway, we did it because Danica started moving so much and kept on pushing us both of the bed?! My thoery was that she was claiming the bed :D . So, it was either moving her to a cot or us sleeping on the floor. As I said, she is perfectly happy in her cot now and after the initial shock of her not being right next to me, I am fine too. The cot is right next to my side of the bed so I can still hold her hand and watch her sleep (I know, I am sad like that!)

I just have Ryan in like normal but because I'm hugged round him, when he wakes up, I wake up.. I hadn't thought about the rolling thing cos he can never go far when he's hugged up to me without me waking up. :think: Might look into a bed guard.

Isaac's a still sleeper, he turns into me and never really moves, I have to move him :lol: But yes you can get bed guards, or put lots of soft pillows/cushions on the floor and very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:
As for the cot, put her in it when you feel its the right time :) Isaac properly started using his cot about 5months, because he needed a routine, and I didn't want to go to bed at 7pm :lol:

Hmmm :think: some good advice there,thanks everyone! I think I'll just have to see how it goes.I might use the cot idea too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back