Question for co-sleepers

muppetmummy

Reaction score
Do you have your OH in bed with you and baby? How do you sleep? Baby on the outside or baby in the middle?

Logan has been sleeping in bed with me since he was born as he won't settle in his moses basket and I find the night feeds much easier with him in with me. OH has been sleeping on the sofa bed downstairs as I was afraid he might squash Logan, or he'd overheat with all 3 of us in bed.

I've decided that I'd like to keep Logan in bed with me for the time being but I'm not sure whether to let OH back in. He's happy to make up a more permanent bed for himself on the futon in the spare room, but I miss him being in bed with me.

Any advice would be appreciated?

Sam spends half the night in his Moses basket (which he would not sleep in at all until Midna suggested rolling up two blankets either side of him to make him feel like he is being cuddled - has worked a treat for the last week or so :D )

He then spends the last half of the night with us in between us both, he is always laid on top of the quilt (i put him in a grobag thingy) and we have had no problems.

OH and i have got a king size bed so there's a fair bit of room... OH sleeps right over on his side, on his side of the bed. then connor either sleeps on the edge or in the middle, depending on which boob i've fallen asleep with him on! at the moment its about 24-25 degrees in our bedroom, despite all the windows being open and the fan being on, so connor's just in his nappy with our duvet over his legs.

only you and your OH know how the 3 of you would get on in bed together. you could try OH under the duvet and you and logan on top of the duvet but under a sheet maybe?

:hug: :hug:

Lola sleeps either in the middle or at my side with the bed guard up.
When it's cold she sleeps in a vest under the duvet and now it warmer she is just sleeping in her nappy and we just have a sheet over us.

I always have at least one of the windows open in the bedroom and always leave the bedroom door wide open to let the air circulate :)

She didn't start sleeping in our bed until she was a little bit older as we didn't have a problem with her in the moses basket so OH and just stayed in the bed with us :D

My OH gets up really early and needs a full nights sleep so he is in the spare room. However Cally is usually sleeping through in her crib now - gets into bed with me usually at half six, though did wake last night at 2.30am (think the growth spurt is starting). We are going to buy a super kinbg size bed, both me and my OH are 6 foot plus, then there is Cally and also Seren likes to get into bed with me in the morning for a bit so as you can imagine it can get pretty crowded. Can't wait for our big bed so the whole family can kip together - am going to be so sad when they both decide they are too big for it.

I do miss OH (though not the farting and snoring) but its nice to sneak into his bed - its like we are dating again.

i think i'll get OH to sleep in the spare room for the time being. He's got to be up at 7am from next week for work, and i dont think id be able to relax if he was in bed with us.

thanks for the replies :D

We often slept with him in the middle but then he started wrigging around too much and one of us would have him head butting us and the other would have kicking feet, as he tried to crawl straight through the other...

So then I had him on my side with a bed guard but then he could figure out how to climb the bed guard...

So he's permanently in his own cot for sleeptime now. During the day if I'm off work I'll put him in our bed in the middle.

I would try and get your LO into a moses basket or something. I didn't co-sleep with Ash, but I did insist on sleeping in the smae room as him until he was 6 months old.

This meant when he grew out of his moses basket I had to move into the nursery with him. I spent about 3 months sleeping in a different room from my husband and this really stretched our relationship. It's 100x better now I'm backk in with hubbie.

But if LO won't sleep unless he's with you then just go with it. Just telling you my experience of not sleeping in the same room as my husband.

K.x

Adam spends the first part of the night in his cot bed and then comes in with us later.

He sleeps on top of the quilt in his own sleeping bag and either sleeps inbetween us or at my side. He wont fall out as the cot is attacted to the side of my bed so if he rolled, he would roll onto his own matress and not hurt his self. xxx

Ellie goes to sleep in her cot (usually around 10pm) then comes in bed with us when she wakes for a feed (this morning 7:30am) my hubby usually gets up for work around this time so its not really caused a problem although if she does ome into bed with us earlier I tend to have her on the outter edge and have bedguard up :)

only when DH has gone out drinking with his mates has he slept on the sofa... but thats mainly cos he's been drinking... otherwise we all cram into the same bed... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Isaac, me and OH have always shared the same king size bed and I've always had Isaac whichever side he was feeding/comfortable, and always under the duvet with us. Do whatever works for you, you could try OH in bed too but if it worries you and effects your sleep maybe OH in spare room would be better? :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back