Question for Bottle Feeding Mums - What To Do With Breast Milk??

littlemiss83

Reaction score
:wave:

I'm Bottle feeding my 4 day old baby.

Yesterday my breast milk came in. With my 1st child, I was already breast feeding so it didn't matter. Not sure what to do with it.

My boobs are about 4 sizes bigger, absolutely massive, can hardly move or lie down, soooo aching, and absolutely solid. What do I do with this milk? Kinda feel like I want to breast feed baby til its gone, OH said it would cause confusion...

A) Should I use it to feed baby on a short term basis.

B) If I dont do the above, how do I get rid of the milk? (I dont have a breast pump)

Please help!! I'm in agony. MW is round later & I hope to god I remember to ask.

:roll:

i dont really have any good advice as i breast fed the first few months. could you maybe hand express a bit just to get some relief for you? i know how horribly painful it is! not nice! hot flannels and paracetamol for you? my friend went staright to bottle feeding and she just kind of grinned and beard it for a few weeks until her milk went! hope the other ladies give more advice! good luck xox

I don't bottle feed but ibuprofen should help with your being uncomfortable hun. It also helps to reduce swelling so that might apply to milk ducts too??? hot bath will also sooth and should get a little milk out to ease you - I ran like a tap if I went anywhere near a hot bath lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

The milk should dry up if you don't feed within afew days. Wear breast pads too to soak up the milk.
Apparently cabbage leaves are good for the discomfort but I never tried it! Lol
Just plenty of pain killers!

If they are sore, go in a warm shower and just hand express the excess. Or if you dont want to waste it, express into LO's normal bottle after a warm shower. There are great video tutorials if your stuck on how to do it!

White Cabbage leaves straight from the fridge are amazing :)

With my bottlefed babies, I just used savoy cabbage leaves in the bra, sainsburys sell a pair of boob gel packs for £9.99 a set which you can have in the fridge or in hot water to shove in your bra , it will go down soon, but wear lots of large breastpads

Thanks ladies

Spoke to the MW today. She said not to express or squeeze any out, as the supply will replenish itself, making it pointless.

She said about cabbage leaves & pain killers & it should be away in a couple of days, i'd forgotton how sore this was. They literally feel like rocks.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back