Question about stiches

Daisyboo

Reaction score
Hi ladies, i was wondering if any of you who have had a laparoscopy had dissolvable stiches?Its been nearly 4 weeks since i had mine and the stiches are still there.I have been have lots of soaks in the bath and i even asked the nurse 2 weeks ago about them and she just told me to give them a tug!I have tried this but they dont seem to budge and i dont like pulling them much as makes me feel :sick:.Is it ok to just leave them alone?Any advice?xxx

no experience, but I would go back to the nurse and ask them to remove them - explain they do not move and you don't want to be pulling about etc.

hope you get it sorted, it doesn't sound pleasant.

I have had 2 or 3 of them and the stitches ended up being cut out because they didn't dissolve quick enough. I would ask that they cut them out for you as the skin can start to heal over them making it uncomfortable for you to pull them out yourself x

Thats what i was worried about,thanks for the advice x

the ends of my disolvable stiches from my op in nov took a good 8weeks to properly disolve, they felt like coarse plastic/fishing line! I trimmed the ends down myself as they were spicky.

hope you get them sorted soon

I only had stitches form my episiotomy and five of them didn't dissolve and were 'cut' out at my six weeks check up (no idea if this is the same).

Get them cut or just pull alitte I had them and ty got bait infected lucky my feller is a nurse but u need to get Tim out x

I popped into my local walk in centre and all they have done is trim the ends.One side is better than the other as one seems a little weepy : /

I popped into my local walk in centre and all they have done is trim the ends.One side is better than the other as one seems a little weepy : /

ahh, good youve had them checked out tho just incase , hope they stop bothering you soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back