prodding tummy

trixipaws

Reaction score
when i see the midwife she always prods my tummy quite hard, so i assumed its ok to press down to try and find parts of my baby (sometimes now i can feel a big hard bit which i assume is her head), but my boyf touches my tummy really softly and tells me off for poking it. he thinks i might damage it as i hav no medical knowledge and he's worried since i told him about that soft part on babies heads where their skulls havent fused. im a bit concerned now- i cant poke that bit and damage her brain can i?

DH is the same....gets worried I prod her too hard :roll:

Babies are surprisingly robust hun, and their bones are soft at this stage as they need to be able to get out through the pelvis without breaking any bones.......so considering they are going to get pushed through that I don't think you can do any damage by having a feel of your tum....

:hug: :hug:

I think they are nicely cushioned in there :D The way the MWs and doctors prod and poke around they must be.

I had a student midwife examine me the other day and she couldnt find where the head was so the proper midwife took over and dug her hands into me so hard that it hurt!

Im sure it cant harm LO but he certainly didnt like it cos he wriggled away lol :lol:

I dont prod it too hard myself though cos I dont know which bits Im prodding, unlike the professionals! I still think its amazing when they can tell which bits which :)

Hi

My doc does this at every visit to tell where baby is so he can check the HB . I always poke at LO as well :lol: poor thing will probably have dents when he comes out :)
Katrina

Yeah my OH tells me off too, its just cos they dont have the baby in them they are all delicate with our bumps, but we know how to touch them lol

My LO moves away if i prod her too much lol

I rubbed my bump today and for the first time I actually felt a body part, an elbow or something I think :?

It was weird :lol:

My DH is the very same and is always telling me off for prodding my tum. I had my 20 week scan yesterday and the sonographer really dug in deep to get clear pics. So I am sure us prodding or poking can't possibly do any harm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back