Question about DPO.

MissJuly10

Reaction score
Hiya girls! :wave:

I'm a bit confused about my ovulation tests, I know my cycles can be long so I'm going to continue testing *but* if my CD19 test is indeed a positive, how many DPO does that make me?

**Updated pics in Gallery**

Also as we have been BDing pretty much every night, with the exception of CD21, I haven't been checking my CM but I don't think I've been getting much of it compared to my last cycle!

All I have had is for the past two days, an intense achey twingey feeling in my left side. That's it. So not holding my breath about ovulation occuring on CD19!

Opinions? x x

Hey MissJ :)

I'm not entirely convinced that cd19 is your ovulation either, cd 23 looks as dark to me.

How long was your last cycle again? 50 days or summit?

I'll check in a sec, but that implies to me that you would be more likely to get your surge much later on in your cycle.

The average luteal phase max is 17 days (although it can apparently be more) so you would expect your OV around 17 days before your next AF.

I know you won't have any way of knowing when your next AF will start, but just as a rough estimate it makes sense to go off your most recent cycle or two.

If you can keep on going everyday, then fine (and wow) but you might want to ease up and go every other day because i think you've got a way to go yet :hug:

Last edited:
Oh ok 66 days long the last one (ouch) :shock:

And 46 days the time before that...

So, based on your cycle lengths:
46 day cycle = surge at cd 28 at earliest
66 day cycle = surge at cd 48 at earliest

Average cycle length = 56 days = surge at cd 38

Last edited:
Thanks Louise. :)

I agree, I doubted I would ovulate til later in the month but wanted to test earlier just in case. I suppose it doesn't matter THAT much as we're BDing every night (OH's pace, not mine!) so I guess we're still giving it a good chance. :)

P.S. I mis-counted my first cycle - well the first one I'd bothered to count - it was 42 days. Doesn't make much of a difference really. I'm still hoping for a shorter cycle this time but as I said earlier, not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

Looked at my tests again, CD19 is defo darker. Oh well, suppose time will tell! x x

No BDing last night, think he needed a break, poor bloke! x x

If my hubby goes every day for just a few days his balls start to ache lol

I haven't been updated on anything like that, don't think I would know quite what to say if hubby told me! :p x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back