Putting weight on already!

1stbump

Reaction score
Hi everyone..this is my first post! :wave:

Hope you are all enjoying the 1st tri?

Ive been fine, hardly any sickness, a little bit tired but nothing too bad.

My problem is this...i usually wear about size 12/14 clothes so not a skinny girl but nothing too bad. But now ive defo put on weight...not even really on my belly, on my bum and thighs and im only 11 weeks!!!! Ive been doing lots of walking and not really eating any more or less than before. I havn't even got a bump...just podge!

I think ive put on about a stone!!! My fella and mum said theyve never seen me this big. I know with pregnancy i should put on weight...but this much? already?!!!!!!

:wave: welcome to the forum. Not really sure about te weight gain, only that im dreading it lol. Hopefully one o the others will have some advice. Have u told your midwife? X

No.. she just said "try not to put too much on?"!!!!

I do have a high risk of having twins and im wondering if that could be a reason too?

yh weight gain is normal in pregnancy as uve the baby, water, growing placenta etc which is going o be extra weight. m/w will tel u if she has any concerns. count yourelf lucky the weight is still dropping off me even though y bump and boob as growing

Hi congrats and welcome to the forum! Think it's normal to put on a bit of weight so don't worry too much, I put on 4 stone with my daughter but complete opposite this time and lost a stone with the nausea so each pregnancy is totally different. A lot of people get more bloating in tri 1 too so some of it could be that as well. Long as your eating healthy and staying fit and well I wouldn't worry and sounds like your already doing that!

I have had major bloating on and off to the point I thought I was already showing but then I get up the next day and its gone down. Saying that though I have put on half a stone already but could also be down to trying to quit smoking so eating more..dont panic about it : )

Hello and welcome!
I'm a size 14 and loaded on the weight with No#1 ... but it went afterwards - this time round I'm very bloated - early days I know but I'm expecting to become a lardarse again... I don't mind, it's obviously the way my body handles pregnancy... and it's only temporary.

Don't worry - everyones different :)

2-5lb is the normal gain in Tri 1 but were all built different. Ive put 5lb on already and Im only 9 weeks and Im a big girl. My midwife wasnt too concerned. We all fancy different foods, retain water, some exercise more than others. 9 months on, 9 months off hun
XX

hi just wanted to say that at the start of my pregnancy, I put on weight on my butt, legs and face quickly even before i got a bump. it seems to evened itself out over time though. Dont worry about it too much I think you have like spruts of weight gain. I just had another one in the last couple of weeks. grr

Last edited:
hi and welcome !! i'm also 11 weeks and have suddenly sprouted out my legs are bit bigger and i no longer have a waist a have that is she isnt she look about me !!! so dont worry will all even out xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back