Anyone put weight on

TeeUK

Reaction score
Has anyone put any weight on yet....I am still the same as before I got pregnant despite eating loads...shouldn't I have put some weight on?

Not that I want to mind as I weigh 14st already lol

Just wondered if it's a bad sign not to have put any on

I am a stone lighter than I was before getting pregnant thanks to sickness. I wouldn't worry honey. I was reading that your metabolism speeds up when pregnant so that's probably something to do with it! And sure we will make up for it in tri2 and 3!!

I haven't put any weight on. I think its because I generally have to cut back as not allowed sugar or to snack all the time. From diabetes. SO my weight stays the same till about 14 weeks +

I'm still 11 Stone, 11 lb's x

Last edited:
I'm avoiding scales altogether! I just went onto some random site which calculates how much weight you can expect to put on based on your height and starting weight, and I can expect to put on about 15kg! Eep! I weigh 54kg, which is about 8 stone 8... I know it's all necessary, but I'm terrified LOL! x

spammy...didn't know your metabolism speeds up! would make sense

misscrazy... I have a terrible sweet tooth...is it a myth you can get diabetes from too much suger... I overdose on it and then get palpitations...not good

karen....I just did that lol...it said I can't put on more than 1st 1lb...I put 3st on with daughter! Gonna have to cut back me thinks

I had put on half a stone last time I was weighed, I was just over 9 stone and now about 9 stone 9lb :( x

I adore sweeties and chocolate I hammered them as a kid, I have PCOS so have glucose intolerance because of that but diabetes runs in the family so me overdosing on them when I was a child didn't help matters. only made myt sweet tooth worse x

Does it run in your family I'd get it checked out if anyone has it and your getting funny turns from too much hun x

I'm avoiding scales altogether! I just went onto some random site which calculates how much weight you can expect to put on based on your height and starting weight, and I can expect to put on about 15kg! Eep! I weigh 54kg, which is about 8 stone 8... I know it's all necessary, but I'm terrified LOL! x

In regards to that one I put on two stone in total and by week 5 after birth I was my original weight I gained weight since then about 8-9 pounds x

kirsty....9st 9lb so envious....they will be rolling me out of the house by month 9 lol

misscrazy....no one in family has it...I am thirsty all time but I thought that was normal in pregnancy..I should really go have it checked to be on safe side

I found I had blurred vision, I asked my opticions about it nothing wrong with my eyes and it never clicked to be honest till I went to the hospital to have my scan with Leo. From about 14 weeks I was on medication this time around it was 7 weeks x

I'm short sighted so my eyes are permanently blurry ...although can't say I've noticed them blurry with glasses on unless I'm tired x

I lost 5lbs before my first scan at 12 weeks. Didn't gain any weight until week 18 and even now at week 23 I've only put on 9lbs. I was also slightly larger to start with so am hoping baby is eating up my reserves I've got stored!!! lol

That's really good helly, hope I follow in your foot steps xx

I never weigh myself so i'm not sure but I feel like i'm expanding sideways a bit. I can still pull my jeans on ok but I can't even get them near to done up around my belly so i'm living in leggings at the moment.

With my nausea i've not eaten much, but i've not been doing much other than laying about really so I wouldn't be surprised if i've gained weight. I go back to work next week so i'll be more active then.

I'm only short though, I'm 5ft 1.5 inches so at 9 stone my bmi was around 23/24 so not that slim! x

Think it's normal to lose/gain/stay the same in tri 1 lol
I've gained 4lbs, so Im 9st 13 now, and Im only at week 10 :/
A friend of mine who recently gave birth only put on about a stone over her pregnancy. She only looked about 5 months pregnant when she gave birth!

At my booking appointment at 8 weeks i was 58kg, yesterday i weighed 60.2kg, I feel like a big blimp already lol xxx

I weighed myself a couple of days ago and I've put on 1lb, which amazed me. We have 2 dogs and walk for 1.5-2 hours a day with them so I'm hoping that will help keep me fit and toned. Usually I would stress a bit about weight but I'm not at all in fact I'm embracing it, I'm loving my little pot belly :) xxx

kirsty.y 84...... I'm 5ft and 14st sooooo to me you are very slim lol

Last edited:
Oo sorry TeeUk I didn't mean to offend! x x
It's just the midwife said my bmi is now 26 which is considered overweight and it was quite a shock as been slim-ish all my life! I have to be a bridesmaid in August next year and I'm terrified I'm not going to get the weight off! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back