Puppy injections

Eveadel

Reaction score
What age do pups have their 1st injection????

They need two injections, one at 7wks and then 3 weeks later. U CANT put them on the ground outside till then

Hope that helps, im a Vet Nurse x x

Tori said:
They need two injections, one at 7wks and then 3 weeks later. U CANT put them on the ground outside till then

Hope that helps, im a Vet Nurse x x

Ah thanks

BTW love your DD's name

Sorry just have another quick question.

Im getting my pup 1 week after having her 1st vaccination but I already have 2 other dogs, what should I do?

she will be fine around your dogs only. as long as they vacanated

your vet will get her second jab but beware if its a different vet they mgiht want to start course agagin as mine did

:roll:

what breed are you getting

yes usually around 8 weeks for the first and then some vets will do it 3 but mine did it 4 weeks later, so pup will be ok around your other dogs as long as they are vacinnated

Im getting a bichon :cheer: :cheer:

Im really excited.

So one at 7 and then one at 10 weeks.

Aww thanks bout the comment on Leah name :D

Vaccinations at 7 and 10 weeks in correct. When u pick pup up, make sure u ask what type of injection was used, and if it has been vaccinated against everything. Also ask about worming etc.

I would really recommend insurance too, its soooo woth it esp if nething happens. JUST READ THE SMALL PRINT - Some supermarket ones rule out certain problems etc, and only insure them till they are a certain age so be careful.
We had a cat at work today that was only one as the onwer couldnt afford an operation it had to b put to sleep :cry:

Hiya

Just phoned my local vet and they said they give injections at 8 - 11 weeks???? Why would that be?

Eveadel said:
Hiya

Just phoned my local vet and they said they give injections at 8 - 11 weeks???? Why would that be?

That sounds ok. Each vet is slightly different.

It depends on the brand of vaccine when the finish is- they used to all be 12w but some are now 10w or 11w.

After the second vaccine the puppy will not be able to go out for another 10-14 days to give the second injection a chance to work

My pup was given injections at 11weeks then 2 weeks later (we bought him at 9weeks) I don't think it really matters aslong as you don't walk them.

We had a cat at work today that was only one as the onwer couldnt afford an operation it had to b put to sleep
How much was the op??

PinkPunch said:
We had a cat at work today that was only one as the onwer couldnt afford an operation it had to b put to sleep
How much was the op??

Aww that's a real shame. If people genuinely can't afford ops can't they apply to a charity for funding? I thought the PDSA did that sort of thing still? Mind you I am of the opinion if you can't afford things like the occasional operation or big treatment bill you really need to think carefully about having the pet. Go for something smaller if need be pet wise then. Or getting insurance to cover them.

Saying that, our local vet does take payment by instalment if a bill is going to be large and you really can't afford it all in one go. You need to arrange it with him prior to the op (if non emergency on the spot sort of thing).

Shame for the cat :( I always feel sad when I hear this sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back