Protein in urine?

twinkles

Reaction score
Morning! Just had my 16 week appointment and he midwife said there is some protein in my unripe, she didn't seem too concerned but I just flipping googled it and it could mean a number of things! Has anyone else come across this??x

Last edited:
I have had protein in mine at the past 3 checks! No explanation but they sent a sample off and it showed no signs of infection even though there was also blood, ketones and something else so they weren't fussed. If coruscating17 is floating about today she knows a lot about it so u could ask her :) xxxx

Last edited:
Hi hun I had them at every check throughout my first pregnancy. The only time they ever got concerned was when I had large keytones as well to which I just needed a drip. Mine was because I was dehydrated and not eating enough apparently . Hope that helps x

Hi hun I had them at every check throughout my first pregnancy. The only time they ever got concerned was when I had large keytones as well to which I just needed a drip. Mine was because I was dehydrated and not eating enough apparently . Hope that helps x

That's what they said to me too about the ketones :) and also that it could be a sign that I hadn't ate that day or had been sick (both were true lol) xxxx

I had the same except they didn't even tell me about it, just wrote it on my notes grrr! So I didn't get a chance to ask what it meant. But from what I have googled, it could be all sorts of things but also just be something as simple as a bit of vaginal discharge mixed in with the wee (lovely!). I am sure they will just keep an eye on you and tell you if its anything to worry about hun xxx

i have this most of the time :( i get alot of uti s as well but mw not concerd dont think it is anything badx

Ok that's good to know! I'm on a mission to drink lots of water, don't think I have been drinking enough recently so that might help!!! Feel fine down there so don't think I have an infection, and don't see much cm these days so maybe it's just one of those things! As long as I'm not alone!!!!x

I had signs of this at my 16 wk checkup and I heard nothing and when I rung them they didn't seem too concerned and said I was fine!!! Apparently some people have traces throughout but no actual problems.

I aLso had signs of this and glucose in my urine at one of my check ups and they made me send it off etc etc and all came back clear, however it wasnt my frist wee of the day on this occasion.
I was told it has t be the first wee of the day before food or drink is had and if a problem it will still sow up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back