Prostin Gels

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Anyone experience these? What are they like?

Sue

I had prostin pessary with my 1st, oxytocin drip with the 3rd and I'd go for prostin anyday.

I think I had the first pessary at 6am but nothing happened, had another later which just gave me backache but must have done the trick because when the midwife checked my cervix at 3.30pm i was 9cm dilated. His head crowned in the lift on the way to delivery and he arrived at 4.05pm.

Tracy xx

Thanks Tracy M - I've tried to look them up but can't find much beyond what they do - how are they administered? I heard it was a syringe, but do you have to get the speculum etc inserted cos I really HATED that the last time I had an internal. I found it very painful.

Sue

It was 13 years ago so things might have changed, but I remember them using a speculum. It was my first ever internal at 18 and I was scared s***less - once they'd got the speculum in, I just blanked everything else that was going on.

Back then it was a little gel blob that they spread on the cervix (don't think it was a syringe), but everything else has changed since so that probably has too.

Try not to worry about the speculum - it doesn't last long and the more you can relax, the less it hurts. By the time you've given birth, having an internal will feel as routine as having your temperature taken

Tracy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back