Induction of Labour, high fetal head

EllieG

Reaction score
I know I mentioned this in a previous post but I was wondering if anyone knows how they induce labour if the babies head is high? I had prostin pessaries with my first two and they worked well for me but I am not sure if they ill do it this time if the head is still high??
Anyone any ideas?

i imagane they will still go with the pesseries, and hope the contractions bring babys head down... not sure though :hug:

Hi

I dont know maybe they will put you on the drip?
Katrina

I when they induced me when I was having Aimee her head was really high and they used the pessery. Her head was still quite high when I was 10cm dilated and she didn't come out for over 4 hours after that.

I read somewhere earlier that the head doesn't necessarily engage til labour begins when you're on your second baby or so. I should think from that the baby will start moving down once the contractions start - it probably won't have much choice! :lol:

Its all true, alot of babies dont engage until labour begins.They need the contractions to get them into birthing position.

Harrison's head was really high when i went to be induced, they still gave me pessaries, it only took one and i was away & my labour was only an 1hr and half

Everything will go fine, pesseries will get you on your way im sure! The babys head will drop so so dont panic! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back