Proffesional Photos

First Baby White

Reaction score
When is the best time to have proffesional photos of your little one taken. I have a local photographer ringing me every month to see when we are taking Harry in. I thought it would be best till he can sit up and listen etc but people keep saying to me I will never get this time again so should take as many photos as I can.

What do you think, I know I could always get more done later but it is so expensive!!

Also what poses can he do apart from lying down??

Has anyone had any pictures of their LO's done at Harrys age and if so could you post a picture so I can see how good they are??

we are going to wait until she can sit up before we get some done. I was actually speaking to a photographer today and he agreed that this would be best.

The best time is when they are tiny tiny... just a few days old... or when they are around 4 months in imo... When they are tiny they lie still and sleep a lot and you can get them in awfully cute poses, also they are tiny so they look dwarfed on grown ups and it forever reminds you just how tiny they were...

Around 4 months, they can smile and you get some nice floor pictures...

By 6/7 months, they are pains in bums and wriggle everywhere, and getting them to stay still long enough to have a photo taken is hard...plus they always want to grab the camera and pop it in their mouths. :wall:

However... its best to PM millylillyrose, shes just had her baby... her photography is amazing and she is extremely talented especially in terms of taking photos of children... I'm sure she can advise you :)

A good friend of ours has taken Lola's picture a couple of times.
He did some when she was just under 4 months so we could give them in nice frames as xmas presents :D

He also took some more just before her birthday (I've posted some of them in the pictures area).

I have to say that i think the latest ones are better because she is a lot more expressive etc. I think you can really see her personality in them.
It was also a lot easier to get a good picture as she kept looking away when she was younger and we only really ended up with 2 good ones :(

I'll have a look for the older ones for you :)

tbh i think you could prob do your own at this age and save your money !!! i still havent had proffesional done , im enjoying taking them myself , i need to work on lighting etc tho our wedding photographer has offered to come do it , prob now is a good time ( 7 months and sitting) i took this myself and i was rather proud ... its just the lighting thats let it down

n722426749_1147880_9321.jpg

Angel was 3 weeks old when we had some done. My photographer was a bit picky and wouldn't do them while her eyes were closed. Then had some more at 5 weeks and they were brill coz she was just looking around. Fortunately my OH is now a photographer so i can get them done anytime.
I have a very decent camera so get some really good ones done myself as i'm obsessed with taking photos.

well depending on when Missy makes her appearance, i would like to have a prof photo done of her for a christmas present to my mum/OHs mum. she will be about 2months (ish) old. but OHs brother had a prof pic done of his baby and it looks gorgeous, so i would like to do that, have them blown up and framed and given as a xmas present! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back