Am I being tight - Photographs

littlemuffin

Reaction score
I put this on TRI3 by accident so don't worry if you are seeing this twice!!

We had photos taken of Macy when she was 3 weeks. On Friday the photographer emailed me the pictures with prices.

He was with us for 2hrs. Macy was ok but not on her best form as she was undressed and didn't like it.

He has sent through 29 photos and we can have all these photos for £200 or buy them seperately for £6 each at a normal size going up in size and price to A3 forphotographs. But I can't understand how he was with us for 2hrs and only has 29 photos that he wants that amount for. I also paid him £45 to come to my parents house to take the photos. So in total it could be £245 for 29 photos that are nice but the ones of Macy are not great. But what's pulling me to get them is that we don't have any professional photos of her at this size and we will regret it in the long run.

Professional photos can be really expensive. We went to pixie photo at mothercare and it was 96 scoobies for a frame with 3 pictures in it!!

I don't think that price sounds massively unreasonable for that many pictures really. Although I would baulk at it myself probably. I did at the 50 odd quid it was for the bounty pictures!?

I've had some done and him coming our was free. I'll find out inn2 weeks the price of the pics tho.

So far we've not had any professional photos done at all! Yes they are only little for a while, but home shot snaps capture that just as well. Personally I would be more inclined to take more shots on my own if I wasn't happy, especially at that price!!!

We used pixie photos when LO was 3 weeks and had about 5 pics of dif sizes for nearly 300 they ate so expensive and I'm gutted we couldn't hane the lot and didn't even have option to buy disc! They are only little 2 mins and I will forever treasure those pics! Rather than get 29 for 200 couldn't u pic a few favourites for 6 each! I know easier said than done but at least ud have 1 or 2 to remember her by! Xx

We had ours done when Emily was 6 weeks. Cost us £220 for 5 x a4 and 4 x 7"x5" - the sitting was free and took about an hour. We had about 50 pics to look through and chose 9 for £220. It s very expensive, but LO will never be little again and I am a sucker for photos and memories! Maybe you could choose a few you like fr £6 each, but if you're really not happy, maybe try a different photographer who doesn't charge for the sitting and then you won't have lost too much. Xx

We went to a photographers house paid £70 for an hour and got all 100 photos on disc that we can print ourselves. We did a groupon offer for a canvas and printed the others at home. Is there an option to get a disc with the photos as it could be cheaper that way x

It's £200 for the disc and seeing as everyone wants a picture. Mum, dad, in-laws and sisters it will be cheaper in the long run.

i do photography but i would not charge that much i have been into for a while and now decided to set my own business up but im doing afforable photography so thats like say 90 pound for like 200 images etc if you understand what i mean seems so much for only 29 pics i would never pay that much ever

Jack has a photo shoot on 12th May. It's £85 for the session (it's in a studio not at home) and they are doing me a collage with 7 pics of our choice all for £150. I'm so excited! :) x

We had some done when Jax was 3 weeks (my profile pic is one if them) and it was £85 for the sitting and £10 per photo for 7 x 5, we bought about 19 but there was only about 40 to choose from and lots of them were duplicates in colour or b&w.

Mummy to two beautiful boys; Lennon born 5th March 2006 and Jax born 24th October 2011 :) <3

They are expensive, cost us a bomb for preg pictures with pixi foto and I look awkward on all of them, so now we use ohs camera, its an slr and was 400 quid but worth it in the long run :) there are cheaper slrs too and then you can take your own! :) x

I think that's really expensive.

Was this person a proper photographer (fully trained and capable of taking fab photos without cropping and photoshoping?) or someone with no training just a fancy pants camera?

If they were a really good photographer I'd have expected at least a third of the photos to be decent, and I would have expected you to have had at least 150-200 (i.e taken 450-600 in two hours) to view, even if some are similar so you can choose your favourites.

Last edited:
We Got 7 pics of pixifoto for £175 one was complimentary and we Got one free because they Got new frames. then after we paid We Got given the option to buy upto 5 extra photos by the end of the week for £20 so we Got 3 a few days after to Then be Be told we could get the pics put on cd would be an extra 50. The cheek I think. Me oh said well just save to get a nice camera and do them ourselves xxx

That's not a lot of piccies we had a shoot for about 2.5 hrs (two small feeds and a nappy change in that time) at a studio and we got over 200 photos.
We have the following
24 x 16 canvas -£70
10x10 - £15 each (2)
18x12 print -£25
9x6 print - £12.50 each (3)

All for £177.50 with delivery

He also sent us all images in small quality so we can use on fb etc

We are going back in 6 months and will be buying a photobook of 96 images to include both shoots and that's £220

I would def get a few piccies from him you dint want to regret it later xx

I've just looked at them and whats annoyed me more is that 2 photos he has just converted them to black and white so we have one in colour and one in b&w.

He was a professional photographer. He does this for a living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back