Problems at work

AmyF

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Feel so fed up :cry: . The bully at work has been picking on me and shouting at me again. I walked out and went home on Wednesday because i couldnt take anymore that day - the stress and upset caused me to come out in a rash on the chest and gave me a pounding headache. I have reported it to HR manager but I know nothing will get done about it as I have complained before.

I have decided to take my maternity leave earlier because of the upset it is causing me so I now only have 6 weeks left to work.

Why do these bullies at work get away with it??????? It wouldnt upset me so much usually and I would normally stand up to him but i just feel so vulnerable at the moment.

Sorry for the rant!!!!!!!!!

It's a shame you have to leave early just because of one person. I can understand why you're so upset, before I started maternity leave I was often bursting into tears at work about things that would normally just go over my head, it's harder to be thick skinned when you're feeling so hormonal.

I would speak to HR again, they have a duty to put a stop to this. I don't know what you can do about it, but someone else might know what the formal procedure to complain is.
I hope you can get it sorted :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi

Would it not be possible for you to get signed of off work with stress until you start your maternity leave? Then you don't have to move your maternity start date forward and just take the time off as sick leave?

Hope HR can do something. :hug:

Mx

Awww :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry someone made you feel this way.

FWIW if you make an official complaint they have to investigate it. Depends how much you want to push it really. In writing etc so they have to reply addressing your concerns etc or just verbal informal chat.

I'd look to asking your GP to sign you off for a bit with stress. Maybe not the whole 6 weeks but certainly for a week or so to give you some breathing room. They cannot do anything with regards to your employment if you have sick note etc.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I know how you feel, my work really upset me and I did get signed off with stress for a few weeks by my doctor as the worry was making me ill.
You can take maternity from 29 weeks so you could always be signed off for a few and take maternity even earlier. I took mine as soon as i possibly could and I am so glad I did!

I don't see why people feel the need to be mean! have some :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awww- I feel for you hun. Have some :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'd defo look into having some time off on stress and also get the situation looked into. You don't want people getting away with it, it might carry on too if it's not sorted.
Hope you get it sorted-keep us posted. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww hun how awful for you if nothing is done about it can you not take it higher or something (obviously depends if is a small buisness or a big one) You shouldn't have to put up with bullying at anytime but especially not when your pregnant :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

If they are making your life hell, i'd def see if your Doctor can sign you off. It isn't your fault that you cannot work there. And, they can't force you to start your mat leave until 4 weeks before baby is due - so you should still get full pay for most of those 6 weeks. Otherwise you will be out of pocket earlier than you should be because of them.

I hope you sort something out, I know what work bully's can be like. :hug: :hug: :hug:

That sounds awful. Some really great advice on here and I agree with what everyone has said :hug: hope you sort it out soon.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
If your work aren't doing anything about it, getting signed off with stress may make them sit up and pay attention.
Be careful with walking out of work - I understand that it is horrible for you but you don't want to get fired because someone else is horrible.
Also, if you get signed off with stress because of this person, they cannot force you to start you maternity early as it's not pregnancy related. If you are signed off with a pregnancy related illness they have the right to put you on the maternity leave from 36 weeks. But it depends when you have written to them to say you will start maternity leave.

i agree with everyone you shouldnt have to elave early because of this bully

you will lose out on money leaving early so defo go to the doctors and see what he casn do about signing you off for a while
i think you should write a formal letter out lining what has been happening with this bully keep a diary and note down what occurs as evidence
I HATE BULLY THEY MAKE ME SO MAD :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Sarah :hug: :hug: :hug:

What's the grievance policy at your work? You should find this in your staff manual. HR should really pick this up. I would dig out the grievance policy and go to your HR department with it - hope that would make them take you more seriously...

awh hun

i had a problem with a female bully, I got signed off with stress at 29 odd weeks/30 weeks and it was the best thing I ever did, doctors are understanding when you are pregnant, you should not have to put up with it...bullies know when we are vulnerable and pray on it...
and like the other girls say mebe contact HR too, explain the situation
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back