I've finished work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda

Reaction score
Well, I went to the midwifes yesterday, and I've now finished work! :lol: She said the physio for my back may take another couple of weeks, and then it would be another couple of weeks before I started feeling the benefit. I explained that I had already told work I would be finishing in 5 weeks anyway, and so said she would get the doctor to do me another sicknote to last until then!! :lol:

As I was already out, and already in pain from sitting, I went straight to work from the doctors. I went to HR and explained, and they were great about it! I said that I had been worried that they would try and get me to take me maternity leave early, or force me to take some of the holiday I have left, but she just waved me away and said 'Nooo, you go and rest and take care of yourself'!! I then rang my boss and he said he had been expecting me to say this anyway, but even if I was going back work, he had sorted me out something that I could do from home! :lol:

So I'm now off, and all the money worries won't start until after LO is born, and by then I won't care as I'll have much more important things to worry about. And I've still got 15 days holiday to take before the end of this year, so I can have 3 weeks wages at Christmas! :dance:

My hat goes off to you who are still working, because even this 2 hours out of the house completely shattered me. I was in bed at 7.50 last night!! :shock: I even missed the football!!

The midwife confirmed that LO is measuring big - about 32.5 weeks. He is also breech, but she said that he is already running out of room to turn! :shock: She's booked me another appointment in 4 weeks, is this normal at this stage? It just seems a long time to wait. :?

ooo thats great tankett!! you'll be able to relax, stay in ur pjs... its great :D :D your work sound like they were great about everything... sounds like you have great support there 2!!

i think leaving you 4 weeks is probably normal. she might think that the baby had a growth spurt and could have slowed down and back to normal by the time you go again. im not too sure though, dont no if ive helped!!

my LO is breech and has been since about 20 weeks!! so ive got my ceserean booked :dance: 12 days lol they keep telling me he is quite big but the midwife just thinks its because i am only small so it seems he is big (dont no if that makes sense lol)

i hope you have a great time relaxing at home all day!! it does get boring but as my mum says you should enjoy being bored because when LO comes along you wont have chance to be!! i also hope your back gets better & the physio works :D

good luck and have fun relaxing :dance: xx

congrats on finishing work.. bet you feel so relieved especially since you've spoken to your boss and they are okay with it... just relax now and enjoy the time before LO arrives...

My MW apopintments have been set for:
26 weeks
30 weeks
32 weeks
34 weeks
36 to 40 weeks (one a week)

Hopefully your little boy will turn soon. It's not the nicest feeling.. i felt mine turn and it brought tears to my eyes... only lasted a few seconds thou! When i went for my MW appointment 3 days later she said the babies head had engaged. I measured 35 when baby turned - i think they make room... mine looked like it was coming out my belly button..

x

Ho exciting finishing work.........it's great, just being able to chill, rest and put your feet up!!!

Enjoy........hope the baby does turn in the meantime!!

Amy xx

glad you got some nice time off now before baby is due!

have fun before the last weeks kick in.... TRUST ME!!! haha xxxx

Can i run something past you all? sorry for butting in on your post tankett... but as it's about work thought i'd ask....

i was off work yesterday and i'm off today - not feeling quite right! i've only ever taken one day off sick before (during pregnancy) but i feel guilty for being off... just me - stupid i know! anyway i got a call yesterday from work asking me to go to a meeting down south next week.. which means i'll be sat on a train for the best part of 6 hours (there and back) i think it's a bit much to ask a heavily pregnant woman to travel for so long (2 days before she finishes for maternity leave) I'll be almost 37 weeks..... what do you think? i feel guilty again?

x

its weird hayley, i always feel guilty about everything too... weird... i thought it was just me!!

i wouldnt be able to sit on a train for 6 hours now and im 36 weeks... i get uncomfortable sitting in the car and stuff so i couldnt sit on a train for that long. you shouldnt feel guilty though... you work should know that you're heavily pregnant and you shouldnt be expected to travel that far. i would say no but i suppose it depends how you're feeling in yourself...

sorry if i havent helped!!

hayley xx

Tankett.. good for you.. enjoy the peace and quiet hun!! and make sure you rest that back of yours!!!

I think your appointments are the norm... but I expect that if you are worried you could see your midwife more often, it was my consultant who told me to see mine more often to check BP and urine etc so at the moment I see my consultant for scans every two weeks and in between I see my m/w.. so every wednesday i see someone!! In fact I'm off to see m/w in an hour or so.

Hayley.. don't feel guilty!!!!!! And definitely DO NOT take that trip south.. it is just too much of them to ask of you.. I certainly would not think twice about saying no.. have they done a risk assessment for you yet? If they have I bet there is something on there about duties that should be offloaded to others if you feel you cannot do them.. it is not expected that you carry on as normal this far into your pregnancy.. NO NO NO in my opinion!!!

xxxx

Wooo Hayley! Don't even consider going on that trip next week! :shock: I am shocked that they have even asked you!

What if you go into labour early????? And it's not just that, the discomfort you will feel will be awful! A trip like that will totally wipe you out and drain you. To be perfectly honest, they shouldn't even have called you to ask you this - you are off sick!!! :shock:

I've just had a call from HR telling me that I still have 16 days holiday!! I thought it was only 13.5 or 14.5!!!

She's just set it on the system to automatically pay me for this in my wages at the end of November. So I'll get a nice wage just in time for Christmas!! One less thing to worry about!

Oh, and Hayley - she apologised profusely for calling me when I am off sick. I took the opportunity to ask her about this, and she said they are not allowed to call unless it is classed as an emergency! She's not 100% sure if this is employment law, or just company policy.

I wanna leave work!! I am finding it so hard. I was stuck in traffic for 2 1/2 hours today trying to get in oh my god nearly pissed myself!!!

Well definately put your feet up and wait for l/o.

:dance:

tankett that is brilliant about your holiday allowance... your week is getting better and better. It would be nice if you get a call from the physio now with your first appointment date set. Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for your replies. I don't feel so guilty now about not taking the trip. Just thought it might have been me over reacting. I originally thought it was a bit much to expect of me.

Keely your right about that... i'd go on the bloody trip if i thought it would bring on the contractions he he.... as long as they don't start till i walk back in throu the front door... imagine going into labour on a virgin train... wont even use the toilet on them! Can't think of a worse place to go into labour.

x

thats great you are off now, its such a relief isnt it.

Hayley, dont take the trip and dont feel guilty. They should be ashamed and at 37 weeks im surprised you are still at your work, do you finish soon after or are you a machine that keeps going till the last kick. I used to be but now im more like a rusty old car.

I would definitely say no to the trip - OK it is probably better on a train than in a car as you can move around, go to the toilet, go to the buffet car etc BUT I wouldn't risk being that far away, that close. They say pregnancy length is 40weeks +or- 2. So you wouldn't exactly be premature if you went into labour. I have told work that today is the last day I will go to off site meetings and that is only just over 1 hrs drive away, and I am at 35wks. My next offsite meeting isn't scheduled until 37wks. We have already stopped visting the in-laws as I found sitting in a car for 2hrs unbearably unconfortable.

Nicky_Jones said:
better on a train than in a car as you can move around, go to the toilet,.

Thats debateable, erghhhh, train toilets. :shakehead: :lol: :lol:

Not fair Tanket, even I'm pleased for you I envy you :cry: !!! I still have 4 weeks and 2 days to go :roll: !!!! I'm finding it more and more difficult, especially sitting down for any period of time. Eventhough I shouldn't complain as I only really go in 3 or 4 days a week the rest of the time I 'work' from home! Enjoy mi dear!!!!

Hayley, you should call your HR department and tell them that you've been requested to go on this trip - unless it was HR that contacted you in the first place :shock: !!! As I'm sure they would be appauled, can't believe they asked you to go on this expidition - CRAZY PEOPLE!! :shock:

Tankett, I was told to leave six weeks between my last appointments with MW, but gave in at four and booked myself in as felt it was too long. A longer wait in between is supposedly a sign of how well your pregnancy is going! Glad I booked myself in I'm breech and nearly 35 weeks and they didn't even mention it at 31 weeks, also BP is high and sugar in urine!!! If you want to see them don't be too scared to ask for an appointment.

Hayley, It is illegal for them to call you when signed off they are only allowed to call you in regards to your medical records (to request access to them if necessary) they are not even allowed to enquire how you are as it is considered harrassment - its breech of employment law! Risk assessment should have already considered the travelling option if it is a regular occurance and you should definitely not be travelling so close to the end of your pregnancy. PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN YOU ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THERE BLOODY TURNOVER!!! Oh companies make me sooooooo mad! :evil: sorry! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back