• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Probably a daft question...

Sarah7

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm off to an air show in a few weeks and coincidentally just read something about babies hearing and it said that above a certain number of decibels it can effect babies hearing and the example they used was jet engines.

I assume they mean like standing on the ground with them at an airport all day or something rather than just for 6 hours or so at an airshow? But then I started to feel a bit concerned as I've been loads of times before and it really is very loud and you feel it in your chest and stuff...

Obviously if there was a huge risk they would suggest pregnant women don't go, but that silly little seed of worry has planted itself already. I assumed the loud noises might be a little startling at first to the baby but didn't think it would damage its ears...

Last edited:
I hope not! i am going to a Madonna concert in a few weeks time............ am quite close to the stage so it will be LOUD!

guess we will just have to try to guage the wriggles and squirms and if baby seems in distress, leave.

I went to a Noel Gallagher concert when I was in tri 2. I worried about that 2. But I think as a one off it should be ok. It's not like your doing it all say everyday, or regularly throughout your pregnancy. I'd say go and enjoy it.xx

Cool, thank you ladies :) I figured I was just being daft but it's always nice to get that bit of reassurance. Hope you both enjoy/enjoyed your concerts :D I went to a Suzanne Vega concert last week and I didn't even think about that as potentially harmful, although obviously that was much smaller than Madonna or Noel Gallagher!

Ooh bloody hell I went to Coldplay the other week, he was having a good dance too so must have heard! :)

xx

I think I'll just think of all the jet noise as taking the bump to a Slayer gig or something lol.

I work on a busy airfield surround by jets and helicopters and the doctors here haven't said anything like this to me. We also have to have yearly hearig tests to make sure that the sound isn't damaging our ears, mine haven't got worse! I do wonder where they get all this from. I would say bubs will be fine :)

I work on a busy airfield surround by jets and helicopters and the doctors here haven't said anything like this to me. We also have to have yearly hearig tests to make sure that the sound isn't damaging our ears, mine haven't got worse! I do wonder where they get all this from. I would say bubs will be fine :)

That's great to know! If yours aren't damaged then I'm sure it'll definitely be fine :D I bet a couple of people who happen to work at airfields have had babies with hearing damage and 2 and 2 made an easy 4 for them or something like that.

Thanks everyone :D x

The only thing I would say was make sure you have a wee seat when you can, and keep fed and watered!!
My bump never even acknowledged I was anywhere different. Not a wiggle or kick. I stood up the back to avoid getting bashed. Had a great night :) enjoy the show!!!xx

The only thing I would say was make sure you have a wee seat when you can, and keep fed and watered!!
My bump never even acknowledged I was anywhere different. Not a wiggle or kick. I stood up the back to avoid getting bashed. Had a great night :) enjoy the show!!!xx

We have those fold out seat thingies so I can sit down whenever I fancy it which will be a lifesaver and we'll take plenty of water and a picnic with us so as to avoid paying like £2 a bottle lol. Hopefully the weather won't be too hot.

Thank you :) xx

Sorted then :) enjoy!!!! Can't believe the price of water at places like that, makes me mad!!! It's water!!!!! Jeezo :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back