Daft Question - How to use a doppler?

Amylize

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

This may seem like a really really daft question....

I was hoping to see the midwife in the next week or so for my 16 week appointment and listen to the babies HB for the first time. However, I wont be seeing the midwife now until i'm 18+1 as she cant fit me in!

So my OH mum is borrowing a doppler and gel from work so i can try find it myself.

However i have never used one nor ever seen one before....

Where do i look on my belly etc? i do think i am still low down as i can feel a curve where i think my uterus is just above my public bone

Any answers?

x

I would start in the middle just above your public bone and then move in tiny increments to one side then back to the middle and tiny increments to the other side.. Then move up a tad and start the process again. I used to find Pickle very low down and to the right a smidge, but now he's way over on the left for some reason. When i used the doppler he moves, so you might hear your LO for a second then it'll be gone and you might find yourself seerach again.

I also find lying flat and having a reasonably fully bladder & tum also helps. It really depends on their position as to how quickly you find them.

Lots of gel too! Good luck - hope you can hear him/her
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back