loud music...ok?

trixipaws

Reaction score
b4 i found out i was pg i loved clubs & parties; but since then i've got my loud music fix by putting iTunes on my computer and dancing round the room or playing cd's in my car on my way 2 work!

i kno at 19 weeks or something the baby can hear some noises from outside its mothers body; and i read in one of the pregnancy books ive got from the bounty pack or something that lots of exposure to loud noises can hav an adverse effect on babys hearing. but it doesnt say whats too loud and how often is too often?

do u think it means REALLY loud noise such as aircraft taking off and pneumatic drills- or do i need to lay off the grime and D&B for a bit?!
i dont wanna wreck my babys little ears!

There is nothing wrong with playing music (any type) to baby what so ever, they actually find it stimulating and would love it even more if Mummy were singing to it also!! The type of music can have an effect on baby's emotion though, i.e. I'm sure heavy metal might make them grumpy where as lighthearted pop or something can have a cheery effect. I think with loud noises the key is not to startle the baby, from around 10 weeks sudden loud noises can make the baby jump, I'd suggest playing music at a softer level and just increasing the volume everso slightly every few seconds or so. Do you have the CD (from Pampers I think, came in my Bounty Pack) about Sounds in the Womb, music and talking etc is almost 50% quieter inside to baby anyway so I'd really not worry too much about gigging around the living room!! :lol:

Hi

I wouldnt worry so much with my first preg we always blasted music and we do this time too .
Katrina

I don't think it'll hurt the baby, might hurt your ears though! :rotfl:

Seriously though, I found in my first pregnancy the baby seemed to like noises, music and even the hoover going. When my son was born he used to sleep through all those household noises. So I can't see why music would hurt the LO :D

:hug:
Sabrina
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111