private viability scans

Iwant3

Reaction score
Hi
Know how horrendous the wait between bfp and 12 week scan is, not knowing if pregnancy is ok and how many babies etc is I was wondering...

how many of you are booking or have had a private viability scan?

I am not preg yet, but would have to book it as soon as I got a bfp as the clinic near me can have up to a months waiting list - they do a scan from 7 weeks to show viability, and give a medical report on the findings, show heart beat etc - it's a 5-10 min scan costing £90!

will I be able to wait for the 12 week scan to get the same thing, but a month later instead, lol.

I keep changing my mind on if I want this or not.

DH thinks it won't make me any less anxious and I sort of see his point.

Also, my US at the hospital is quite early (11+4) and I've got loads on until then to keep me occupied.

Also means I'll have £90 more to spend on baby stuff. Lol.

Following my mmc last year, when i fell pregnant this time i booked a private viability scan at 8 weeks and it was worth every penny of the £80 it cost xxx

My piece of shit galaxy ace

I had one at 7 wks and it was worth every penny for peace of mind! X

Babydust to all

Personally I haven't had them as I think they would only reassure you temporarily but I can completely understand why people choose to have them especially if they have suffered losses in the past as it breaks up the milestones x

Totally worth it if you've had previous losses hun.

I didn't make it to my private scan as ended up in A&E at 6 weeks due to immense pain (which they now think is a combination of IBS and scare tissue)

Seeing the baby and your appendix are completly fine and your not going to MC again is so reassuring. It also makes your pregnancy more real.

I've got myself worked up into such a state today that something has happened to my baby that I have decided to look into having a private scan ASAP. I can't stop crying!! :cry:

I had one on Tuesday. It was amazing and I would reccommend it to anyone. They told me I am 9 weeks, measured the baby, heard and saw the heartbeat and they printed me 4 pics. Mine only cost £65. I shopped around a bit and found the cheapest place. I only rang a week before and they managed to fit me in. Here's what they gave me :)

Bub.jpg

We had an NHS scan at 7 weeks (due to previous miscarriages) and we had a private early scan just before 10 weeks..... Which was amazing! We got to hear HB and everything.

I couldn't have waited BUT my situation is not usual.

Personally I was happy to pay £100 to know bub had a HB and keep me going until 12 week scan...

xxxxxxxxx

hi im not preg either but have had 2 mmcs this past yr altho i will get an early scan at 7 weeks and 10 weeks from nhs i would defo get go for a private scan after the 7 week one if i wasnt going to get my 10 week one due to my own personal circumstances, its a small price to pay for ur own peace of mind i think y suffer all that stress when u dont have to xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back