Booked a private scan

louxlouxbellex

Reaction score
Hi Folk!

Hope you are all keeping well.

I'm so excited, I've booked a private scan for 5th April :cheer: Can't wait to actually see my LO on the screen.

I got a letter from the NHS & my scan/midwife app with them is 7 May by which point I will be 16 weeks. I couldn't have waited that long without knowing that everything was ok so I'm glad I've arranged a private scan. Plus when it's time for that scan my LO will be more developed so better chance of getting a good picture!

Lou x

Hi Lou!

I so don't blame you! I cannot believe they expect you to wait 16 weeks!!! I am in Spain, so its a different system, and I will have had 3 scans by the 8th April (at my 12-week scan). Not bragging, just explaining why I am so shocked... Well done you for booking a private scan! :hug:

You can't put a price on piece of mind.

i did the same as the date for my dating scan was around 16 weeks also, went private at 12 weeks and it was worth every penny, especially as the official dating scan was soooo quick, prob only saw bubs for 30 seconds!

Now contemplating wether or not to pay for a 20 week scan as my health board doesnt offer them, really feel i need something called an anomoloy scan :shock: But cant really afford one

Hi Lou

I've just booked a private scan for 5th April too! We're going on holiday on 16th April so I really need the peace of mind so that I can enjoy myself :D

Hey Girls

Thanks for your responses! Ani the spanish systems great, sounds like they take care of you really well!

Personally I think that 16 wks is too long to wait for your first & only scan so I will probably end up geting another private scan plus I want to find out the sex anyway. Although it does all add up :shock: I had a m/c last year so I think I will probably be quite nervous during this pregnancy so the scans will give me peace of mind.

Lou x

Hi,

I had a private scan last night, probably at the same place you are going in April. It was brilliant and really does give some peace of mind. I was also surprised at how much detail I actually saw for being 10 weeks (I’m not as far on as previously thought). The little man was very active, throwing his/her arms up and kicking legs out. I also heard the heart beat and it was amazing.

Nicola x

Hey Nicola

Glad yours went well - it must have been amazing! I'm not going to the Nuffield because they don't do weekends & my husband works late. We are going to Baby Bond in Park Circus - can't wait :D

x

We've got one tonight at the BUPA clinic in Bristol. We're only 8 weeks, but my sister did one at 7.5 weeks in her pregnancy and her and her OH both said it was very beneficial to them.
Right now it still doesn't feel at all real, so we're hoping tonight will help us out with that!

God, isn't it outragoues that some areas only offer one scan!!!! Not sure what they do here in my neck of the woods (moved here just before Otis was born) but I expect to be having a 12 wk scan or else will defo go private as well, guess I'll have to wait a bit a find out if and when something comes through the post - just wondering for you who had an NHS 12 wk scan roughly when did you get your date letter through the post, getting impacient want the wks to roll on!!!!!
Good luck to you all having your scans soon :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back