Private early scan

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Have any of you paid for, or considered paying for, an early scan?

Sounds daft but I am more pananoid with this baby than I was with Ella (if that's possible :roll: ) that something is going to go wrong. I think because I have her pregnancy to compare this one to it's making me worry!

hun have you thought about saying you dont know how far along you are and asking for a dating scan? tell them you cant remember when your last af was but say your sure it was about 3 months ago might be worth a try to get a freebie xxx

:oops: Did think about that but I already told the doc when my last AF was! God dammit ;)

Arrghh hate this wait to see if all is ok! I think part of the reason I am so paranoid is that a friend of ours had 2 healthy pgs, then lost the 3rd at 6 weeks but didn't find out til her 12 week scan poor thing :(

I booked an early dating scan for 9 weeks as I previously miscarried at 8 weeks and wanted to make sure everything was ok.
Unfortunately I had to cancel the week before as I started bleeding and lost again. :(
I don't think I'd bother next time. I'll just wait and see.
It would have cost £85 for a full check of the baby and ovaries etc and 4 scan pictures and a DVD.

I would say if you'd feel happier go for it. :D

Not everyone is the same and I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, I think mine was partly impatience, I couldn't wait until 12 weeks. :wink:

Congratualtions on your PG by the way. :clap:

Charm X

We paid for an early scan privately at 7w 2d because I m/c last year and wanted to put my mind at rest.
It cost £90 but money well spent to know that all was well!
Lucyx

i never paid for one but with Dior iu was scanned at 6weeks 8weeks then 12weeks really put my mind at rest as every time i felt a pain i thought i wasmisscarring

I didn't pay for one, but had scans at 7weeks, 8 weeks, 9 weeks (twice) and 11 weeks as I was bleeding to make sure everything was okie. Next time I hope they scan me early to reassure me, but I doubt they will offer it as they can't do alot in the first trimester :|

Oops Kina - only just saw your post. We had ours done in Surrey. I just typed private scan in to google. Turned out to be exactly the same hospital and sonographer as we had for our NHS scan @ 12w 5d!
Well worth every penny. L x

We've booked one for next Thursday to check all is there. I know there wont be much to see (I think I am about a week earlier than my dates), but it will put my mind at rest either way :)

do the hospitals do ultrasound at weekends?

Yes, the ones that I saw do scans on Saturdays and Sundays :)

yes, we had ours on a Saturday. It was lovely - empty carpark and no waiting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back