Previous section scar

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by mummy2b19, May 21, 2013.

1. mummy2b19

mummy2b19 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,
    With my LG I had an emergency c section she is currently 14 months old and i am 28 weeks pregnant tommorrow for those who can't see tickers.
    Now my problem my scar is very sore and itchy it feels very tight its a constant ache in the scar tissue itself with if I do too much eg reach to high or lift Alexandra too quickly i sudden stabbing pain in the scar edges.

Is this normal? should I speak to a doctor or my midwife? if I should speak to midwife should I contact her before my next appointment (5th June 2 weeks away)?

Thanks in advance ladies
    xx

2. Squeakz

Squeakz Well-Known Member

I think that its definitelt best to get it checked just to be sure x

3. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

Yes get it checked and dont be fobbed off. I had burning pain in my scar, quite constantly in trimester 3 with my third baby , (like you quite close gap from section, (13 mths apart my 2nd and 3rd kids).

They fobbed me off, no it will be fine, pain is fine, you have had 2 sections etc, when I had my c-section , the surgeon called it a "window on the womb", the uterus had gotton so thin there was a window, when she cut the layers of me, she could see a foot go past in the uterus! sooo dangerous.

Not telling you to worry you, but do ask them XX

#3 JJ Mum, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  4. mummy2b19

mummy2b19 Well-Known Member

Thanks will get on it straight away xx