a lip hanging over my c section scar

hayley

Reaction score
is this normal? and does anyone else have one?

right above my scar i have a swollen part.. to me it looks like a lip... it's still quite sensitive. My scar is also quite hard. If i press it the line feels hard. It's still very red too. I had my section 5 weeks ago - is all this normal?

x

Hayley,
I can say for sure about the lip but mines is a bit sensitive. There is about a 6cm section of my scar that hasnt closed yet though and that was 5 weeks ago so it might indicate that your scar is normal, yours just happens to be closed. Does that make sense.
The things we do!

I think I know what you mean and mine was the same. It has totally gone now abd just realised i am back to my before Oliver weight!

Jadie

Jadie said:
I think I know what you mean and mine was the same. It has totally gone now abd just realised i am back to my before Oliver weight!

Jadie

congratulations... i have only 3 pounds to loose before i'm back to my pre pregnancy weight however i did put a few pounds on before i was pregnant - so i'd say i have a good 1/2 stone to loose.... oh and a lot of skin!

Laura - when you say part of your wound hasn't healed yet - do you mean it is still open? is that normal? mine is closed totally and has been every since i had stitches removed 1 week past op. My scar is very red thou and a little sensitive. I tried hair remover on it today as it's getting quite itchy but the hair remover started to burn a little - i panicked and washed it off. I feel fine myself thou. i've been driving since day 10 - even thou they say no driving for 6 weeks.

x

Hi

I stillhave it onmine it looks crappy a little section of the scar looks deeper and not as nice as the rest.
Hope your clears soon.. but its only been 5 weeks hun still got lots of time
Ktarina

Its not normal, they had a blooclot behind the scar so it was open. Its getting better, another few weeks and it should be healed. Im not really sure why it happened and they assured me its rare. The nurse comes in every day and dresses it.
Im driving too, its fab

laura hope your wound heals soon - must be a head ache having to wait in for a nurse every day.

x

they are quite good at coming early. They dont mind coming early as they know I will be up with the 2 babies. Jess comes and sits up on the bed and watches the nurse, she is so nosey. She then lies on the bed and says its her turn.

Its not sore or any thing, and when it heals it wont be that bad looking.

Yours will be fine too :D

Can I just ask you ladies do you have a roll hanging over your section scars? My friend has and said that its like this for everyone. I was hoping I'd eventually have a quite flat tum again!

skatty said:
Can I just ask you ladies do you have a roll hanging over your section scars? My friend has and said that its like this for everyone. I was hoping I'd eventually have a quite flat tum again!

I never had a roll over my scar and my belly went back to normal after only a few weeks, although i was a size 6-8 pre-pregnancy and had a toned belly so that may be why?? I have a flat belly now but its not toned in the slightest!!! :lol:

Ooh good! That's a bit more promising! My belly is usually quite flat but I think that's because have big hips :lol:

Hi

I wish mine went back to normal im still 4 sizes bigger then before :(
Katrina

i'm back in the pre pregnancy clothes although they fit a little tigher than before. I have a slight roll above my scar... this is what i call the lip... i'm hoping it goes. The MW said it was just swelling under the skin. It seems to be going down slowly but not totally.. Still early days. Jacob is only 5 1/2 weeks old.

x

Well done Hayley, I will be so happy if I'm back in my normal clothes at your stage :D

I've got exactly the same Hayley, and the mw also told me it's completely normal. And I'm the same as you, I've been driving since about day 10 - had no choice. The bloody council rehoused us 6 miles away from Kayleigh's school and there is no bus from here. I can't imagine being tied to the house for 6 weeks and being unable to drive! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back