Pressure

Kirstymcg

Reaction score
Hi all

I am quite new to site and would be grateful of advice.

I am just over 35 weeks and baby has dropped. Is it normal to feel so much pressure.

I am not terribly big 5'3 and there aint much to my bump - all baby but I am finding it difficult walking as it feels so heavy and lots of pressure.

This is prob just the norm but wondering if anyone felt the same. Scary to think I may have another 5 wks of this!

Kirsty

Hi hun speak to your MV (midvife) and she will reffer you to see about a support belt basicly it goes under your bump and lifts it up slightly just to take some of the weight. Ifthat doesnt help in some cases they give you crutches but im sure the belt will just be enough to help take the pain away a little

Take care hope it gets better soon
xx

Kirstymcg said:
I am just over 35 weeks and baby has dropped. Is it normal to feel so much pressure.

I am not terribly big 5'3 and there aint much to my bump - all baby but I am finding it difficult walking as it feels so heavy and lots of pressure.

Hey Kirst,

Right there with ya babe. I'm 5'3" as well and yep, it's uncomfortable. Have they said how far your babes is engaged? This morning I was told he'd dropped an extra 1/5th (yipee) but she told me not to get excited. I'm dying - knowing that this could possibly go on longer than another 4 weeks. :shakehead:

Sass

I'm taller than you but still feel your pain. I've got a support belt as I have SPD but to be honest if your bump is the same as mine - I can't wear mine anymore as it's too restricting for the baby to move. I was managing about an hour or two a day last week but this week - there is no way I could where it.

Talking about head being engaged - my midwife has told me it's engaged but never been told how much!!! I've seen other messages saying 4/5th and now you have said 1/5th further. What's this mean - I've got midwife again on thursday as that me on to weekly visits - I will have to check how much engaged my little one is?!?!?

S. xx

SarahH said:
I've seen other messages saying 4/5th and now you have said 1/5th further. What's this mean - I've got midwife again on thursday as that me on to weekly visits - I will have to check how much engaged my little one is?!?!?

S. xx

Sar,

Well 2 weeks ago they said it was 4/5th's.....they didn't tell me whether that was engaged or not. It meant he was 4/5th's out (so only 1/5th engaged!).....so I was really disappointed yesterday when they said he wasn't really snug yet. Get him out, get him out!!!!

I think it's something like the pelvis is disected into 5th's and when the head's fully engaged it mean's LO is 5/5th's. They should write it in your notes. Midwife said though not to get excited about this coz some women don't have the baby's head engaged till going through labour!

Murphy's Law says this one is gonna be late.....as much as I wanted him early I don't think he is going to respect his mummy's wishes. God yeah, nearly forgot, MW also said no chocolate, crisps, cake etc etc from now till birth as she said this will make the difference between a 7lb'er and a 10lb'er. Still came home and had a pack of crisps and some large scones with jam & cream. Mmmmmm.......

Sass
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back