Pressure to tell people at work

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
Me again...

I had my dating scan today and my boss knew. When I got in to work she asked if it all went well and then asked when I was telling the rest of the office. I have told my assistant already but didn't want to tell everyone else just yet - there's lots of friends that I want to tell first.

She said that she wants to speak to everyone about who is going to cover me and another girl going on maternity soon and another girl going travelling soon after.

I understand that she wants to get organised but I just feel pressured in to telling everyone...

Am I being unreasonable!??

er, no! Tell her you need a bit more time to tell close friends first and whilst you appreciate she needs to get organised could she respect your wishes and give you some time first... I didn't tell anyone at work til I was nearly 15 weeks as I wanted time to enjoy it and tell friends and family xxx

oh, gorgeous piccy by the way! xxx

Well done SPC, glad all is happy anld well in there.

As he/she already knows - I would tell your boss , that you will be telling everyone in 4 weeks time (or whenever you feel is a good time period), and it is not to be dicussed before then. - see below, you don't have too till 25 weeks.

How much notice do I have to give my employer?
You don't need to tell your employer that you are pregnant until the 15th week before the baby is due. At the same time you should give them the date that you intend to finish work, and discuss any special health and safety measures that need to be taken into account during your pregnancy.

Thanks rakrak and JJMum. I think I will tell her tomorrow that I will be telling everyone at work I'm a couple of weeks - when I'm ready.

Got it off my chest this morning! Told my boss that I wasn't ready to tell everyone at work yet and that she had made me feel pressurised. She was fine and all is good!

SPC xx

Glad you did what you wanted and your boss is ok with it. Nice one!

Well done you, and control passes back to you girl xxxx

It's great you did that. Glad it all worked out.

I'm feeling really sorry for my boss, I told her really early (no one else knows yet, not even family!) as we are only a small team and one of the other girls in pregnant - just wanted to give her the heads up as I think she's going to have a bit of a time getting cover for us both. Thing is, one of the guys in the office is also going to be a dad this year so there's a lot of baby talk going on just now. It's killing us both not to slip up and let the others know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back