When to tell people?

SoObsessed

Reaction score
I had my BFP yesterday so still very very early days.

My sister and sister in law both guessed and I am fine with that.

Next weekend I am off to London with some girl friends and they will also probably guess as I obviously wont be drinking!!

I now feel guilty that my family don't all know and am not sure when to tell them. OH wants to wait until first scan.

OH's mum is going through a tough time as was diagnosed with cancer last week, his sister is her only support as we live about 4 hours from them.

I know that they will be over the moon at this news but am not sure if the best thing is leaving telling till after she has had op etc or if knowing will give her a boost prior to op.

Any thoughts?

It's difficult and everyone is different, I'm not comfortable with telling anyone very early on, but it's really individual choice and you have to do what feels best for you hon.x

it s up 2 u when i feel is rite ..I told ever one from the start was a relife when I had my scan and all was well

It's up to u but we only told parents and work that was it till 13 week scan cxx

We weren't going to tell anyone (except my work) until after my first scan - but decided to tell our parents and my sister over Christmas. I will be telling everyone else after my scan today :)

As the others say though, it's a very personal choice.

My husbands parents both have terminal cancer, so I was a little apprehensive about telling them but my hubby said they'd be really pleased.
I wanted to tell my parents straight away, so he decided he wanted to do that too.
His mum was never my biggest fan, but since we told her I'm pregnant - it has massively perked her up. Its given her a new lease of life! She's pleasant and much happier than she was before.
His dad, on the other hand, doesn't seem to give a toss, but I think its because he fears he will never meet the baby as he is very ill and getting worse every day.

I think it might give your MIL a new lease of life, a new reason to fight. But u and ur OH know her better so maybe chat to him about it and see what he thinks xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

We were going to keep it all quiet until the first official scan. I had a night out with the girls so had to find an excuse to drive so the not drinking didn't look so strange. I ended up having to go for an emergency scan so had to tell everyone at work far too early to explain why I was away, but I'm glad they know now. The support has really helped. I'd seriously consider telling parents - good news is always appreciated and helps to occupy the mind instead of dwelling on other problems. My mum would be really upset if other people knew before her. Depends on the person though I guess and you both have to be in agreement. I certainly wouldn't personally want everyone to know until after 12 week scan. Once people start to guess I'd have to tell family at least.
xxx

I've still not told my family, I keep chickening out. My in laws know, and so do uni. OH cant keep a secret, so a couple of his mates know

its defo a time when only yourself will know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back