• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

preparing for the birth

beanie

Reaction score
Wasn't too sure how to title this thread. Will just come out and ask, has anyone tried the perinium massage thing...? The books I have read all swear by it, but my midwife hasn't said a word. Is it just an alternative method or does it actually work. Its just the thought of stretching myself down there :oops: , even though I know baby will definately be doing that. And to be honest I'm not too sure if I can reach down south anymore? What does everyone think?

I think I will give it a go - at least I can't look back and think 'If only I'd tried it maybe I woudn't have torn'. It's not too much of a waste of time if it doesn't work though.
Must admit it seems a strange idea - but I'm willing to give it a go. My m/w hasnt mentioned it either.

My MW went well into the benefits and how to do it during our first parentcraft session, she was telling the fathers how do to it so they can help. I haven't started though, I would find it hard to do what she recommends with the bump in the way (tmi but wiping myself is hard enough now!) and I don't want DH to do it.

I'm gonna give it a go.

It will give me something to do while I am home alone and waiting for baby to come.

I am also going to be spending a lot of time sitting on my birthing ball in the attempt to get the baby in the right position. You can take hours off the birth if the baby is facing your back, rather than being back to back. And the best way to avoid this is to avoid slouching on the sofa in the last six weeks. Something to think about.

The other thing I am going to do is massags loads of olive oil into my nipples as this is supposed to prevent them cracking after the birth.

Phew.! After all that I will probably ring up for a dominos pizza and put my feet up!

The birthing ball idea is great. I love mine, and it seems to help my back loads too. The only thing is if I hear music I end up bouncing away to it so baby is probably dizzy by now. I',m glad so many of you have been positive about this, now all I have to do is find a way of doing it, did they advise what oil tio use?

Lucky you Sarah, our nearest Domino's is about 17 miles away and they are my favourite! :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think they recommend virgin olive oil for the massage, as it is the most natural and safest to use.

mmmm. I love dominos as well! especially the garlic dip! its not too strong and you don't get an after taste afterwards! mmmm...feeling hungry now!

I have tried the massage thing and must say.... quite odd! :oops: :? :shock: :lol:
I probably don't have to give you the exact method - tricky! I'm just using jojoba oil to massage between one bit and the other. Awkward most times, but hoping for a miracle and avoiding a tear!
Here's to rubbing our bits with olive oil........ never thought I'd see the day! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back