Prenatals

Flame

Reaction score
I am taking Pregnacare and they are huge!!!

Anyone else have to break them in half to take them?

I know, they are massive :shock: ! I dont break them, but i find it MUCH easier to swallow with a cold drink like orange juice not water, i gag with water!
I think ur supposed to swallow them whole... not sure..

Dont want to take over your topic :oops: but Im gonna get some prenatal tablets and was wondering if its alright to take them as well as one folic acid tablet each day??

Im not 100% but i think too much folic acid in tablet form isnt as good as just the daily 400mg (i am REALLY not sure)
If u just take Pregnacare it has the 400 folic acid daily thing and u get all the other good vitamins etc. I think i listed the ingredients on a pregnacare/folic acid topic..
Plus pregnacare u can take thru the whole pregnancy and thru breast feeding too

Jayceesmumma said:
I know, they are massive :shock: ! I dont break them, but i find it MUCH easier to swallow with a cold drink like orange juice not water, i gag with water!

I dont think it matters to much if you break them in half, it just says not to chew them. I certainly wouldnt be able to swollow them whole, i gag when i swallow them in halves.

Flame said:
Jayceesmumma said:

I dont think it matters to much if you break them in half, it just says not to chew them. I certainly wouldnt be able to swollow them whole, i gag when i swallow them in halves.

Yeah, i wasnt sure, i knew about the chewing part but id doesnt say about whole or not..
Shouldnt be a problem really..
I hate big pills, and ive never been able to swallow anything bigger than birth control pills which are TINY, but i say in my head..''this is for the baby, for the baby, 1..2..3..'' and just do a big swallow! Its the only time i can swallow any tablets whole, or even broken! I used to crush paracetamol between spoons! :oops:
I was only able to swallow folic acid by saying that to myself lol. Sounds silly but it worked for me!

Just a suggestion here...

I am taking Morrisons own brand 'Pregnancy Care' capsules.

(Pretty big too) :D

If you look at the packet they contain the exact same ingredients in identical proportions to 'Pregnacare' tablets.

One difference...Only £1.29 for a month instead of £5

Check it out if you have a Morrisons nearby

i just wanted to add that i take pregnacare and additional 400mg of folic acid seperately, i was advised to do this by my ob - apparently huge amounts of folic acid can aid in good implantation of lil bean :)

funnily enough, with each pg i have taken double amount of folic acid i have carried bubs fine, but with the ones i lost i was only taking the basic 400mg per day..could be a link ?

:D

I dont think anyone is going to loose their baby by taking 400mcg of Folic Acid otherwise we would be told to take more.

i dont think it is a link at all, in fact i ready only last night that a lot more than the 400mcg and the extra folic acid you get in food can also cause adverse affects.

Please do not try to put words in my mouth, i did not say anyone who takes 400 a day will loose their baby. i merely expressed what my ob told me to do and my past experiences. Wether there is a link or not is irrelevant. I am following the advise of my ob having had investigations for recurrant mc.

You do realise that folic acid is found and added to a lot of foods now ? inevitabely we are all takeing more than the recomended basic dose per day.

I'm taking the tesco's prgnancy vitamins. They have the same goodiesin them as pregnacare, but alot cheaper!

Laura
x

Morrison's ones are just under 2.5cm long!

But they are capsules so some might find them easier to swallow than tablets.

Not Veggie Friendly though!

I will check out morrisons then for next lot...I bought my pronatal from boots they were 3 for 2 so stil have a montha dn a half left..I stopped taking my folic acid when i started taking the pronatal .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back