Pregnant - and I don't know how it happened...

doozer

Reaction score
Well, I know HOW it happened :oops: ...I paid attention in biology...what I mean is...

I had the contraceptive injection in November. It was the 8 week one, I was due to get the next one today.

Last period was 4th Dec. I had a laparoscopy on the 9th Dec to get rid of some bad scar tissue I had on my ovary and uterus. Continued with normal 'relations' under the assumption that I was safe.

Felt strange over Xmas and New Year, but assumed it was just crazy hormone stuff. Was due to start on the 1st of Jan. Felt a bit queasy and headachey and lethargic, had normal 'beginning of period' feelings...then they went.

Anyway...did a test (actually, did three!) yesterday...and I am pregnant. Eek.

I am baffled as to how this has happened. I know the injection is meant to be 99% effective - it just seems too weird that I am the 1%??

Has anybody else gotten pregnant whilst using the injection pill??

Hi ive not been on the injection so i dont know the effects of it but mayb it was something to do with the operation that you had im really not sure at all its just a guess, i had also an laparoscopy done to remove a blockage (caused by my 2nd m.c.) at my falopian tube and the following month i got pregnant but that was planned we where over the moon that it happened so quick, sorry im not much help but didnt want to read and run :hug: :hug:

I had a laperoscopy early last year and at the time I had the implant in, and in the leaflet it seemed to say if you're on the pill to take extra precautions, but i can't remember it saying about the injection/the implant.
bizarre. sorry i don't have any info, but i didn't want to read and run either xx

I was on a pill (taken orally) when I become pregnant. I too am the 1% which means they can't say 100% effective!

I've been on the pill for over 10 years without getting pregnant then one day - Bam, I'm pregnant!

I was surprised and kept wondering how it happened but 'sometimes these things just happen'.

Although I was shocked at first, I'm thrilled about the prospect of having a baby now so I guess it was just meant to be.

I had a friend who got pregnant on the injection it actually turned out she was having twins. x

ok now i am scared! i have had the injection - i couldn't cope with 3 babies in 2 years lol

good luck with the pregnancy, i guess your just one of the lucky/unlucky ones!

Thanks for all of your replies, its sinking in now!

I'm thrilled it happened as I didn't think it ever would, he/she has just come at an unexpected time!

doozer said:
Thanks for all of your replies, its sinking in now!

I'm thrilled it happened as I didn't think it ever would, he/she has just come at an unexpected time!

My baby has poor timing too but I'm sure everything will work out OK.

I'm exactly the same!! I was on the pill for 10 years since I was 15 and I've been stupid over the years (mainly in my teens) missing pills etc and nothing has ever happened... Then bam I get engaged and 2 weeks later find out I'm pregnant! :lol: We just keep thinking it must have been meant to be as I'd had no sickness or missed pills. i think we are all extreamly lucky though that somehow these little miracles just seem to break through :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back