Newish and have a few quiestions

ASD123456

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new-ish here (joined at the start of the week) I'm not 100% sure of 'how' pregnant I am, I was on the contraceptive pill so a little unplanned, but it happened agaionst eveything and it's starting to get quite exciting. I think I'm somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks but who knows?!?!?! I have my first doc appointment on Monday and don't know what to expect from that really.

I was just wondering if anyone else has days when they forget their pregnant and then days when you can't think of anything else. Yesterday I felt completely normal and today I feel so pregnant. Also any advise on how to control the waves of naseau?

Alex x

Hiya,

Welcome and congratulations!

Your doctor will probably just take your Blood Pressure and ask you for your LMP date so he can work out when you;re due. He will then tell you to wait for or to contact the midwife to make a booking in appointment which is more in depth. The booking appointment is where she will fill in a booklet that you take through pregnancy with you and has all of your info in. She will do your height and weight and go through medical and family history. It might be an idea to take along your OH as they do take some of their details too but it isn't essential he is there but personally I think it is nice for your OH to go with you if he can.

Erm.. after that you will have a scan at 12 and 20 weeks and start having 4 weekly appointments from about 16-18 weeks.

I have days even now where I don't feel pregnant but when you have a baby jabbing your organs, you soon remember when you wake up.

It's a very magical time. :D

Good luck :hug:

Thanks for the reply.

I had my first doc appointment this morning, it wasn't as exciting as I imagined but I know they kind of leave you to it for the first few months. My EDD is actually 26/06/07 which is earlier than I thought. My sickness just keeps getting worse and worse. It's really hard to try and get ready for work in the mornings when your heaving every 30 seconds, oh the joys! ha.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and hope you feel better soon x x x

Thanks! It's just starting to seem real and very exciting too!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back