Pregnancy testing during Tri 1

JJ Mum

Reaction score
I had a missed MC in march, and D&C at 11 week s plus 5 , and I am now pregnant again 6 weeks plus 4 today - I seem to be testing all the time, does anyone else do this? It didn't help when unusually this time round my BFP was painfully faint and finaly believed it at about 5 1/2 weeks when line was darker.

I have 5 more pregnancy tests (ebay cheepies) because of MC, I plan to use one each week up to 11 weeks (each time I turn a new week), just to check hormones are not dropping off.

Does anyone know if the hcg levels should drop at any point during these weeks as I heard that the tests become less accurate as the weeks ogo on, as the placenta is forming and starts to make the hormones in stead of your system.

Thanks girls, know I am paranoid, but I can't help it!

like you i did a test every wk till i went for my 12wks scan about wks 7,8,and 9 the line was really really dark but the next few wks the line did go lighter and it did worry me a little i did read about the placenta taking over so i just waited for my scan and hoped for the best and lucky everything was fine. But i have also read that yo still get a poss test for a few wks after you m/c so everytime i did a test i would just worry myself thinking what if its just poss cos i still have the hormonesin my baby and really the baby has already gone. I know its easyer said then done but i wold try not to test it dosnt make you worry any less and im sure you will be fine anyways xxxxxxxxxxxx

Also testing every week. When I had no symptoms I was paranoid about everything, now starting to have some proper symptoms but will still use some cheapies up until the scan. I'm hoping that after having a scan and seeing a heartbeat I'll calm down!!

Last edited:
I'm doing the same, just took another test this morning and it is getting darker.

I am saving my second cb digi to take in another week or so to see if the conception indicator changes from 1-2. With the last pregnancy that I miscarried it never changed from 1-2 so I knew something wasn't right!

I am actually feeling really positive that this pregnancy is ok, I feel just like I did with my daughter at this stage, last time I sort of knew from day one something wasn't right. I could be wrong but I just feel really well, no one sided pain - it just feels right atm. Finger crossed I am right!!

Hi hunni, I was always testing during the first trimester. I think I was just paranoid because I was under alot of stress did make me feel better seeing those two little lines though :)

i am exactly the same i have so many ebay cheapies i keep doing them one a week just like you lol i have a scan in two weeks so it will be such a relief to know all is o.k xx

I've still got afew opk's left and have been using them! I haven't test in afew weeks but the lines were very dark!! You do worry silly after a m/c but I'm sure everything will be fine! Keep thinking positive x x x

I am doing it aswell but
not as much as last
time I just want a nice dark line lol x x

Thanks girls, looks like we are/were all POAS AFTER BFP!

Fairy - how did you get such an early scan...... tell me your tips to get one?

Last edited:
Not me, I done it excessively in my last 3 pg's and drove myself potty :wall2:

so I took one test on the day of :bfp: and another a few days later and that's it :) I'm trying to keep my stress levels low and just try and blank the 1st trimester out :lol: So far its working :rofl:

Not me, I done it excessively in my last 3 pg's and drove myself potty :wall2:

so I took one test on the day of :bfp: and another a few days later and that's it :) I'm trying to keep my stress levels low and just try and blank the 1st trimester out :lol: So far its working :rofl:

Well done Mamafy! :D

I've just done another test (a week since 1st faint positive and 5 days since digi) came up a nice definite positive,even tho it was mud aft and v dilute urine. So decided I'm not testin anymore. It's in natures hands at the minute anyway so just gonna stop addin to stress and expense x

thanks lots -your right of course girls, I should give the last few tests I have to my mate who is TTC (hard to part with them, but would stop me testing as I'm too tight to buy any more!)

JJ Mum said:
thanks lots -your right of course girls, I should give the last few tests I have to my mate who is TTC (hard to part with them, but would stop me testing as I'm too tight to buy any more!)
Good idea JJ! :) pregnancy tests can be so expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back