pregnancy nausea and sickness 24/7!!

Hi 1sttimemum2b. Sorry to hear you've been having such a tough time with vomiting. I probably can't offer all that much advice from experience. I'm 7 weeks, and had pretty constant nausea, but nothing like what you've had. Definitely eating little and often has helped, but I appreciate that's easier said than done when you can't keep anything down.
Which antisickness tablets have you been given? If you're getting bad acid reflux, you need a stomach protecting tablet, if you're not already on one. I know you can get Nexium which are an over the counter tablet if you can't see your GP at this point. That might actually help the nausea and vomiting.
But I'd say if you're keeping very little fluids down, and feeling symptoms such as dizziness, I would go to A&E, as you could be very dehydrated after all this time.

Hope you're feeling brighter soon.x

Neck a glass of water before going to vomit and eat what you fancy that's how I kept going and never got admitted I threw up day and night all the way through until he came out and then my son vomited with everything especially teething until all his teeth were through x

I had hypermesis gravidarum. I would go back or go to out of hours and make sure they test your urine to see if you have ketones. I had +++ and was really dehydrated and spent a couple days on a drip and needed 4 Litres fluid to get my urine free of ketones. I felt a Lot better once I'd had some iv fluids and they also prescribed additional sickness tablets. A week or so later I ended in again for fluids and they said whenever I felt I needed them to call day unit and they do it. Luckily didn't need anymore after that as tablets had been sorted..you can take multiple different ones and take them regularly and you should at least be able to keep fluids down and then start to try tiny bits of food. It's awful I really feel for you :(. I couldn't even look at my OH picking up a cup without throwing up for 20 mins non stop and it was agony. There's a Facebook page I joined called "Hyperemesis gravidarum" which may help you as I struggled mentally as felt so miserable and like no one understood and everyone was really helpful on there and made me realise I wasn't alone. Definitely go back to docs if you can keep fluids down xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

If you can't keep fluids down I mean lol xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone.
I ended up being admitted into hospital Xmas eve and was put on a drip due to ketones being +++.
I was so sick I didn't even care. I am still so nauseous but the throwing up has reduced to about 4/5 times a day instead of about 20!! I just wish the nausea would ease a bit now then I could cope a bit better. Luckily I have no other children to look after as don't think I'd cope at all.
I am 9 and a half weeks pregnant and just hoping it eases soon.
Thanks for all the lovely messages x

Sending lots of hugs xxxxx
Glad you are feeling a little better now after the drip. Did they give you more sickness meds xxx

Glad you're feeling a little better. I hope it all subsides soon!

A lot of women say that you just have to find something you can stomach and stick with that for a while... Personally I've found bread is crucial!! (I've been sick for 3 months) 😱 Hope you start feeling better lovely!

Well I'm nearly 15 weeks and this hasn't been easy. Been off work 8 weeks. Still very nauseous every day and still can't eat right but the vomiting now is very limited. It might just be a few times a week. On a bad day I might throw up about 4 times.
I have found that most doctors are not very sympathetic to hyperemesis but some do seem to understand.
This journey is not going to be easy but thought I'd update everyone on my progress. Since 6.5 weeks I have lost 1.5 stone. I'm able to eat little bits and pieces now which is way better than before.
I would advise anyone going through this to keep going to your gp. It's important to make sure you are not dehydrated. I've had two hospital admissions the most recent being in January and my bloods were abnormal too. Remember it's important to look after yourself as well as your baby.
I wouldn't change having this baby and knew it was what I wanted but never in my wildest dreams did I think I would suffer so badly. I'm hoping by 16 weeks I may be able to go back to work and have some form of normality.
I'm crossing over to second trimester now. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear your having such a rough time, I was the same with my last pregnancy. There was nothing that worked and I couldn't keep any food or liquids down I also didn't want to leave the house as I was terrified of being sick in public. I can't remember exactly it passed but I think it was around the 18 week mark as I remember feeling ok at the 20 week scan. Hopefully it will stop soon for you X

You're doing so well! It's so horrible being so so I'll but I promise it's soo worth it.
I could stop the meds at 16 weeks and I stopped being sick daily at 24 weeks. But from around 16 weeks it was so so much more manageable! Xx

Like, you I am experiencing breast tenderness, nausea, Headaches, Bloating like crazy, and I don't know if this is normal while being bloated all the time but I'm like a vicious dog eating a piece of meat as in I'm hungry all the dang time. I woke up the last 2 nights drenched in sweat soon as I turned a fan on I felt immediately cold.

Also, was curious if it was normal (due to bloating) to look more pregnant then I am only 2 hours after waking up and feeling seriously big by the end of the day (and sore!).

Hopefully, it eases by the second trimester?

Yes the bloating definitely makes you look more pregnant. I find I am very constipated but eating nuts help as they are high in fiber. Definitely worked for me.

I am 18 weeks today and still sick. Had about 3 good days last week and even went back to work for 2 days but had to go off sick again as it came back with avengance. Feels like I will be like this for rest of pregnancy. Very hard to enjoy this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back