NAUSEA. WHAT CAN I TAKE?

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
Hi just wandering if anyone has been given anything by their doctor to help with nausea in pregnancy. I have had really bad nausea all day and night for over a week now and it is really getting to me. I am meant to be starting work again in a couple of days after annual leave and am really worried as I work in a hospital and so will probably come in to contact with some not very pleasant smells which will probably cause me to be sick. I have tried ginger biscuits and sea bands which did not help at all so I was hoping to get some medication to help. I have heard that vitamin B6 can help so has anyone been given this to take or any other sickness pills.

I was advised to take 25g B6 with B1 (not surehow much B1, perhaps you could ring your doc) 3 x a day. I think it helped a bit. I was also advised to take anti-histamine, the ones that make you drowsy as these can help calm your stomache, they really helped my night time and early morning sickness but I couldn't take them in the day because they made me tired. You could try accupuncture, I have heard this has worked for some women. I feel so bad for you because I have been sick since about week six, I think its calming down now but that really doesn't help when you are in full flow does it? I think the doctors in the Uk may be able to help you more. I really hope it passes you soon.

Hi Gemz,

I found that eating little and often was the only thing that really worked for me. I had to eat something, even if it was just one slice of toast or a few biscuits, every couple of hours, or i'd feel really sick. Tomato soup used to make me vom!! not sure why :?

Found this on Netdoctor which might help.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advic ... nausea.htm

Hope you feel better soon.

Take Care.

Nicki.x

Hi gemz
Sorry to hear you are feeling rough i do know exactly what you mean i have been feeling really sick every day for a few weeks now - have you tried pepsi or coke (full fat) ? NOT diet? i was told by a lady at the hospital that the high sugar and the caffine work well together.

Also have you tried these preggie pop things you can get them from Motherbliss - i have just got some of these they DO help.

Also know its not what you want to hear but i tried this on my friends suggestion who had morning noon and night sickness and had to go into hospital because she was really bad, But she said what did work was eating things like banannas,toast (dry or just with butter) little and often - if that is not what you want - try Plain Rich Tea biscuits and avoid orange juice for a bit and milky drinks. These are just things that have worked a bit for me - i try and eat before the sickness gets really bad and have found it to be a little better.
I know you can get tabs from the Doctor if it gets unbearable.

Good Luck
Let me know how you get on
Laura :roll:

peppermint cordial is a good one, the thick stuff. only a small amount does the trick, i was sick the whole 9 months!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back