pregnancy maths

munchkin1982

Reaction score
am i being really silly? i thought i was 4 and a half months pregnant but my pregnancy book that arrived today tells me that im in the first week of my 5th month? getting so confused on everything today. how far gone am i? xx

i wouldnt even say ur 4 and a half months till 20 weeks cos 9 month preg is 40 weeks roughly?? xx

this is where its so confusing. if work out on 4 week month then it works out at 4.5 months but the book i have definately says weeks 18-22 is 5 months with week 23 going into 6 months... xx

thats weird... if u count 4week months tho ull have a ten month preg and u dont want to drag it out more than it is lol xx dont worry bubs will be here in no time lol ;) i found after 20/24 weeks it FLEW!!! xx

hehe its already flying by! just doesn't take much to confuse me at the moment. always regarded the 12 week scan as 3 months so i think thats partly where confusion lies plus it doesnt help with the book i have telling me im in my 5th month! xx

I guess some months are like 1 day longer than others, that's why it's confusing I think. I'm more sticking by weeks than months as it's so much easier! X

I guess some months are like 1 day longer than others, that's why it's confusing I think. I'm more sticking by weeks than months as it's so much easier! X

Yeah i'm figuring that is probably the way forward hehe ;-) xx

I work it out from the first day of my last period, so mine was 21st Jan, so that makes me 6 months on Weds :) x x

I work it out from the first day of my last period, so mine was 21st Jan, so that makes me 6 months on Weds :) x x

hehe - well the date of my last actual period was 11 march so that makes me 4 and a bit months...

according to my book week 23 is start of 6 months?! xx

to save confusion for myself...:lol: on the 27th of every month i would just move up a month so 27th June i was 8 months iykwim??
I think everyone calculates a little differently anyway though! :)

i count from the 18 every month and i say what month im goin in to like tomorrow im entering my 7th month! only 3 to go! :love:

so i would say your in your 5th month but not 5 month gone!

all I know is my due date and that every Thursday i am another week further on xx

my book says you are in your fifth month 18-22 weeks I don't get it either!

i know what week i am in and due date and roughly the month but i always go on weeks as thats what midwife and hospital go by xx

OMG!! I was having this same convo with my OH the other day, I soooo dont get it either!
Im 18 weeks so Im counting that as 4 and a half months (4 weeks to a month and all that) but technically 20 weeks is the halfway mark. AND the thing that really bugs me is 40 weeks is TEN bloody months not nine :(
I is so confused :(

OMG!! I was having this same convo with my OH the other day, I soooo dont get it either!
Im 18 weeks so Im counting that as 4 and a half months (4 weeks to a month and all that) but technically 20 weeks is the halfway mark. AND the thing that really bugs me is 40 weeks is TEN bloody months not nine :(
I is so confused :(

Lolololololololol!!!! It's sooooo good to know that I'm not alone!!! Pregnancy does weird things to us and appears to affect the ability to do simple Maths too.... ;-) well, it appears to be simple maths lol. But it is madness. I think the best way to work it all out is in weeks. But, if we do the months thing, then for me, I am in my 5th month but 4 months gone etc etc... I think that's it! :wall2: xxx

Haha this hurts my head I think if people ask me I'll just say I'm due december 21st work it out for yourself lol
I need some ice cream now.. One tub of ice cream + one spoon = happiness. That's the only maths I know!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back