what date would you say??

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
right this could get conplicated bear with me :)
on the 25th of november (5 days ago) i was 4 months pregnant if you go by months
yet i was 18 weeks 2 days pregnant if you go by weeks
which in some peoples eyes (going that most people say there is 4 weeks in a month) i am 4 and a half months pregnant.

at xmas i will be seeing a few people i havnt seen in ages and they are bound to ask how far gone am i so do i say
5 months (i will be on xmas day)
22 weeks and 3 days
or 5 and a half months??

what do you all go by?
sorry its a bit random lol
manda xx

when people ask how far im gone i just say it in weeks, i get confused otherwise lol (dont take much too confuse me these days)

I'd go with weeks also and let them do the maths working it into months :lol:

lol thanks
i will go with weeks then seems easier for me :)
manda xx

40 divided by 4 = 10! There are 4 weeks in a month and nine months of pregnancy (or 40 weeks!!).

I figure the mismatch is due to us having 2 or 3 extra days in every month (30 or 31 rather than 28) and the 2 weeks they count as pregnancy BEFORE conception.

So.....

I go in weeks but kind of loosely figure it into months if someone looks confused (ie 20 weeks is half way through so I'll say 4 1/2 months because that is half of 9 months etc). At 23 weeks I'm saying that I'm 5 months gone if saying it in weeks makes folk look confoosed.

I just stick to weeks, trying to work it out in months is far too confusing. Doesn't sound so far along in months either

Definitely stick with weeks. As Floppit mentioned, you can't fit whole weeks into a single month so using months becomes inaccurate. It's good for a rough guide when someone asks how pregnant you are, it's easier to reply with "Oh, nearly 6 months" than say 26 weeks or whatever.

i go by weeks

if i go by months what i do is go up a month everything 10th of the month as thats my due date , so on 10th dec ill be 6 months preggy

I say how far along in weeks but remember that some months have 4 weeks and some have 5 so I go by the 10th of the month too like Gemma, so 10th December we will be 6 months :D

I go by weeks too - otherwise I confuse myself :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back